Rain Freeze

Rain Freeze

A Poem by J. Hampton
"

Rain ~ I love it.... just takes me to another place

"

~ Rain Freeze ~

 

I lean

lonnng

against the window

Frozen......

taken by the rain

 

Tracing pictures

with my fingertips

in the steamy window pane

 

Thinkin'.....

bout

your lipsssss....

as the picture

fades and dries

 

Love the feel 

of thunder

in my soul

a window to your eyes

 

It

Gets this way

When rain comes.

 

Drifts me to...

you

and

I

 

Makin’ sounds….like rain does.

Some …Undercover -”Rain Love”

 

Takes me back

to

Before

Before……”The Before”

Before……”The Good-bye”

Before……..the rain came down.

 

So…..I just sit here.

Frozen

Taken by the rain.

Wanting it…..to

Rain allllllll…night ,

Feels so....

good to drown.

 

© Jennifer Hampton 2007 bythewurd@yahoo.

© 2008 J. Hampton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Watching raindrops fall down like memories, each one a time capsule of a specific moment in time, collectively washing over your consciousness and temporarily transporting you to yesterday in spite of the laws of physics. That's what rainy days often seem to be made for. The same can be said for beautifully executed poetry such as this. You continue to impress, Jennifer.

Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow again!!! Each piece I pick is better than the last, and I've been picking some good ones!!! I, too, love the rain.... I could listen to it drop all night...no matter what cover I'm under....tent, trailer, house, porch, blankets. Love the "Rain Love" reference to your lover. And not one cliche "sky is crying" reference, even though this is a bit somber in places...Before "the goodbye". A bit of perfection, I think, ending superbly on Feels so good to drown. Wonderful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aw, Jen! There are so many layers. The lyrical qualities downplay that. But the strength of your words, the depth of emotion embedded, the images of rain and ice. Just, oh my!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the story and use of dialect... the change up in your usual rhythm and flow. I'm still pondering the overall image and meaning, but it was appropriate since I enjoyed a beautiful rainy day here!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoy the pauses it makes you feel the poem more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your use of spacing here... it sets the pitter patter of the poem down perfectly. I like the rain too :) - I taught my kids to dance in it. ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed reading this! This is some fire! I love when it rains...sometimes it evokes the passion within, sometimes it brings such a beautiful peace and tranquility, it washes things clean, etc....I could go on and on, mess around and be writing a poem myself lol. Thanks for posting this, I love the passion of it.

Takes me back��.to..
Before.
Before��.�The Before�
Before��..�The Good-bye�
Before��..the rain came down.

This is my favorite part . It shows that you are deep in thought...and you are feeling your thoughts. Wonderful job :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

So this doesn't have rage, but I loved it all the same. Its like a constant longing. Because if rain brings the wishing for better times on -- and rain is such a common occurring thing -- then this person will never truly escape the feeling that is brought. Its amazing. I hope I got the right interpretation on this. But this is how I see it. Great job! again.

By the way, you're really helping me to like poetry... a lot.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

"Feels so�.good to drown"............this is such an amazing line.....a great ending to a rainy ..........blues singing poem.

Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

BLAST! Tony and Melissa beat me to everything i was gonna say... *sigh*
i guess there's little left i could say, beyond that this is a great piece and i'm glad i'm not the only one that loves rainy days.

Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

It's beautiful and interesting. The pauses and the "spoken word" type format is nice. It seems to add so much to this. It really pulls the reader into the emotion in a way that it wouldn't have if it had been just been written in a normal format. I simply love it.

Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

643 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on July 8, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Soul Vacation Soul Vacation

A Poem by Bubo