Wind Walkers

Wind Walkers

A Book by J.A. Marquez
"

Bethany's surviving in a world that's been devastated by an incurable virus. Cast out of her tribe she forms a bond with a fellow exile. Together they resist the tyrany of the great tribe leaders.

"

© 2015 J.A. Marquez


Author's Note

J.A. Marquez
Things to keep in mind when reading/reviewing this book:

This book is a project I am taking on for practice, entertainment, and vanity. It may become something more, but for now it is what it is. The idea is under constant construction as I work through each chapter. I have a process specific to myself.

First I imagine and write down a story. Then I read it over, developing as I go. With a full length book I do this chapter by chapter, always going back and rereading to make sure it flows. Once I have come to the end I will reread the entire book as a whole unit, taking into account any criticisms recieved along the way that I may have failed to incorporate originally.

This is a Teen/Young adult book, and this must be taken into account to understand the content and style. While I intend to entertain all audiences, my target is in my own age bracket.

Bethany is an 18 year old female. She will have a love interest. It is inevitable. I will try my best to make it as painless a process as possible. I know how annoying it can be to read about a young woman falling in love, so bear with me and offer advice where you think I can improve.

Gomez is not a teenager. He is a 27 year old man, still young, but much more knowledgable about the world than Bethany. So, while Bethany is the main character, she will often look to Gomez for guidance. Also, because of the age gap I plan to make the romance a slow process. He doesn't want to rush her because in his eyes she is still very much a child.

The time period is at least two hundred years in the future. I have not decided specifically when or where this takes place, but to create a better visual please imagine that it is set between the Midwest U.S. and the Southwestern American Pacific. I will keep the terrain consistent with this expanse of land, but I may choose to invent a country or continent to fit the story. As I said it's a work in progress.

To this point, Bethany and Gomez are very different. If I keep the idea of this being in the Americas you can assume that he is Hispanic and she is Germanic.

If there is anything else you need me to clarify, message me and I will gladly explain.

As always, thanks for reading. It is my honor to read your reviews and take into consideration your advice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would recommend that you write a brief synopsis of this novel...in the Author's Note and give the hook, line and sinker to the reader and get the vibes rolling...I will put this in my general reading and give my critics of your work...just be patient...I have a lot of reading and work as a writer...but I will get back to you in the near future...no more than 200 words will do...any more you're giving too much away...good day...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I can't exactly do a full synopsis yet, because I am making it up a.. read more
J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

I did a synopsis, or part of one, but I am going to keep it separate until I finish the story. Thank.. read more



Reviews

I would recommend that you write a brief synopsis of this novel...in the Author's Note and give the hook, line and sinker to the reader and get the vibes rolling...I will put this in my general reading and give my critics of your work...just be patient...I have a lot of reading and work as a writer...but I will get back to you in the near future...no more than 200 words will do...any more you're giving too much away...good day...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I can't exactly do a full synopsis yet, because I am making it up a.. read more
J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

I did a synopsis, or part of one, but I am going to keep it separate until I finish the story. Thank.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
1 Review
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 18, 2015
Tags: fiction, dystopia, adventure, coming of age

Author

J.A. Marquez
J.A. Marquez

South Lake Tahoe, CA



About
If you want to know who I am, read my stories. Many are works in progress, and many are just a few sentences, but each one is a piece of my soul. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Story by J.A. Marquez