A Fable

A Fable

A Story by J.A. Marquez
"

Just some mid afternoon inspiration I wanted to jot down. This is the beginning of a short story I plan to continue with, which will be a metaphor about mental illness.

"
Temperate beams sliced through the dense canopy. The unsettled dust, saturated with the musty aroma of dew and lichen, shimmered brilliantly in the morning sun. Among the branches, wound between the leaves as if captured by a large arborial spider, slept the delicate form of a lovely woman. Long strands of dark silken hair danced in the faint breeze and tickled the pinked cheeks, pointed button nose and rose petal lips. Beyond their pale, thickly lashed lids her eyes swayed gently over an invented landscape, unseen by the rest of the waking wood.



© 2015 J.A. Marquez


Author's Note

J.A. Marquez
I feel unsure about the flow from the first line to the second.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's ok. Very descriptive. Sounds like a jungle. Maybe Tarzan is coming to hookup with Jane?

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
1 Review
Added on September 20, 2015
Last Updated on September 20, 2015
Tags: fable, love, struggle, mental illness, metaphor

Author

J.A. Marquez
J.A. Marquez

South Lake Tahoe, CA



About
If you want to know who I am, read my stories. Many are works in progress, and many are just a few sentences, but each one is a piece of my soul. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Story by J.A. Marquez