Deep, Dark, and Dangerous

Deep, Dark, and Dangerous

A Story by Jordyn
"

A small journal entry I wrote just for fun. :P It's about this girl who is undergoing an internal conflict (whatever the reader decides that conflict to be). Thanks for reading! :)

"

When I took the leap, I felt a sensation that many have experienced in life. I could feel the fall but never could I feel the high. When I finally landed, the nightmares charged at me like starving creatures. They rotated me in their timid arms, and made me deaf to everything but their malicious tunes. Before they took away my sight, everything was blurry and the shade of a midnight horizon, except for a single beam, glaring in the distance. No matter how hard I struggled to reach the angel, I was unable to break free from the taunting grasp of the nightmares. More than anything, I desired a place of euphoria where I could once again feel the sun slip into my nimble fingers.

I had to let go. Angels disguised as warriors had performed a magnificent fight for the prize of my mind but I had pushed them out. Their faces grew pale with the emotion of devastation… forever resting against the surface of delicate skin, and still I pushed. The light had faded from behind the dancing ripples, and the only sensation that had accompanied me was the feeling of a current’s soft finger-tips tugging at my battered clothes. All I could see was lost souls, floating in a space that couldn’t be home for such wounded soldiers, and I was one of them. Not everyone gets a happy ending.

Life can be glorious but it can also be an obstacle, something that pushes one past the eye of the universe. Even the aged have recognized this… for a long life doesn’t always mean a happy one. For what can bring one tears if they can no longer see the dance of a determined child? What can bring one success if they can no longer reciprocate the words that placed them there? What can bring one pleasure if one can no longer hear whispered goodbyes? Scars may forever continue to lay upon the wise’s hands, but they will never be mentioned, for memories of life fade like an ancient work of art. Sight, hearing, and the ability to move vanish with age, until we are nothing but a speck of dust floating through the ceaseless universe.

With my gradual descent, the memories begin to dim. My heart clenches and my eyelids seal shut, ending the continuation of many chapters. An eraser swipes through my mind, it’s journey short but very intense as it untangles the nightmares trapped within me.

Maybe one can’t drown in their own tears, but they can in despair. Chapters will end. The sun will turn off. Candles will flicker before transforming into smoke. Every sentence ends with a punctuation mark. In the end of this epic… there’s nothing left. And when one is shattered into fragments, they don’t want anything to be left.

This is the tale of a ghost, someone who lived an already dead life. The violent, raging roar of the sea was now my safe haven, for it was the only voice I could hear, but even that melody was arriving at an conclusion. Trembling, I tried to find a way out of that deep, dark, and dangerous abyss.

© 2017 Jordyn


Author's Note

Jordyn
All criticism accepted, just be nice. :)
Photo Credit: Maheash Nelanka

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
PEM
I enjoyed this in its entirety, I think it has insight,thanks for sharing

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 31, 2017
Last Updated on June 6, 2017
Tags: write, writing, writer, journal, entry, journals, internal conflict, water, depressed, depression, resolution, metaphor, figurative language, metaphors, description, details, detail, thoughts

Author

Jordyn
Jordyn

About
I'm currently 23-years-old, and writing is pretty much all I have. more..

Writing
The Worst Day The Worst Day

A Poem by Jordyn