Throwing Knives

Throwing Knives

A Story by JDAwesomeness

The knife flew out of no where and embedded itself in my partner's back. It severed her spine and pierced her heart, killing her instantly. Only one person knew that trick. I turned around to see the figure standing there.
"Hello Father," he said. "I haven't seen you in a while. I would ask about mother, but by the looks of it..." He glanced over to my dead partner. "She isn't doing too well, am I right?" His screeching laughter filled the surrounding woods.
"Why must you do this my son? What has happened to you?" His laughter stopped abruptly and his smile turned into a sneer.
"Why? Why you ask! The wretched people, who I loved and trusted, brought this upon me. This dark force has buried itself inside my bones because of you! My wife and kids murdered and my house burned to ashes, all because of you!" He pointed a finger at me. "Now you will die as they did!"
With that he lunged at me with a knife. The very first knife I ever gave him. The one with rubies and emeralds embedded in the hilt. I ducked and grabbed his knife arm. I jerked it back and held it behind his back. I grabbed the knife but he escaped my grasp and kicked me in the stomach. I was almost knocked to the ground. I feigned loosing balance and he fell for the old trick. 
I grabbed his leg, as he kicked out again, and I shoved him to the ground. I held him down. I still had the knife and I pressed it to his throat. I had to protect my family, but at the same time, he was my son. I knew that if I let him go, he would kill me and the rest of my family. I knew that only one of us would walk out of these woods alive.
"What are you waiting for, kill me. Go back to my sisters, tell them about mother's death. Tell them that the problem has been dealt with. But I warn you, will you be able to live with my blood on your hands?"
In that split second, I made my decision.

© 2017 JDAwesomeness


Author's Note

JDAwesomeness
Let me know how the story ends. Hope you have fun!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on December 15, 2017
Last Updated on December 15, 2017

Author

JDAwesomeness
JDAwesomeness

GA



About
Depression more..

Writing