Young Georgia Authors 2018

Young Georgia Authors 2018

A Story by JDAwesomeness
"

This is my Young Georgia Authors Story for 2018

"

It was just another day in middle school. The large stream of people heading down the hallway to go to Homeroom. I walked alone, weaving in and out of people, trying to escape the crowd. I finally took a left and headed into my classroom. I sat down at my seat and listened to a raised shouting going by. The football players. They are somewhat of friends to me but that’s how everyone is. I was friendly to everyone, and they were friendly back. I’m friends with mostly everyone in 8th grade. But I’m not close with anyone. For the most part I’m a loner.

After going to my locker I headed to my first class.

Then to my second.

All of the classes mostly melted together.

LA.

Math.

Science.

Then I was at my last class.

Social Studies.

My teacher was talking and we were reviewing World War 2. My mind wandered off course and I was in a dream like state.

All of a sudden I heard the intercom come on.

Attention Students, we are under a hard lock down.

Everyone in my class wandered over to the place we were supposed to go in this situation. We had done millions of drills like this. We had never experienced the legitimate thing. Jefferson was a safe town and nobody had ever actually broke in to a school. The crime rate wasn’t very high. We all crowded together into the corner. I took a seat on the outside of the group. The teacher turned off the lights and locked the door.

A few people were asking if this was a drill. The teacher just whispered for everyone to be quiet.

Some people were scrolling through Instagram on their phones.

Then an echo rang throughout the school.

BANG!

Everyone went silent.

We all knew what that sound was.

It was a gunshot.

Everyone caught their breath.

The only sound was my heartbeat in my ears.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The gunfire raining terror throughout the school. Everyone started shifting while the teacher motioned for them to be still.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The gunfire was getting closer.

All of a sudden a man appeared in the window beside the door.

His hair was brown and in his eyes burned of insanity. Half of the girls in the class screamed.The man pulled out an axe. He hefted it back and slammed it against the door.

He swung it around another time and it hit the door.

The door cracked and he smiled. The look was horrific because it was a smile of joy.

The teacher, finally realizing that he was going to get in, moved toward the back door.

“Everyone go out the door.”

Nobody needed to be told twice. Everyone got up in a wave and headed for the door.

The man took another swing.

The door was breaking.

The teacher opened the back door and kids started pushing each other out of the way. The man, realizing that his prey was escaping, started hitting the door with more force. There were screams of terror from the kids and screams of pain as some of the kids were getting trampled. I ran forward to escape. Outside, the kids were running as fast as they could toward the woods were they could find a hiding place.

The man hit the door.

A hole appeared in the door.

I stopped.

That’s when I realized that the man would get in before we could all escape. The teacher nudged me forward toward the door.

Some lives are more important than your own.

That was the quote that came to mind.

That’s when I made my decision.

I ducked under his arm just as the door crashed open.

The man, grinning like the devil, pulled out a gun.

I ran at him.

He raised the gun and I landed on him. The gun went flying and we landed on the floor in a heap. I turned my head to the teacher. He was still standing there, trying to figure out what to do.

Go I mouthed to him.

He assisted the last person off the floor and bolted out the door. I watched them leave and circled my head back to the man. Just in time to get a fist in the face. I saw stars and fell to the side.

The man reached into his jacket and pulled out a knife.

I looked down, so he turned to the back door to search for victims. All of a sudden, my boyfriend walked in through the door. He saw me on the floor and rushed over to me.

“Go, save yourself, before he gets you.”

“What happened?! What are you talking about?”

I heard the c**k of a gun, and he looked up just in time to witness the man pull the trigger.

BANG!

My boyfriend fell on to his back.

A blossom of blood emerged on his shoulder.

The man came over, knife in hand, and moved to end his life.

Without thinking, I kicked out at the man.

My foot missed and stuck out right where the knife was going to hit.

I felt the knife stab into my leg and I screamed.

Then I heard something.

They were police sirens.

Coming closer.

The man just snarled and pulled out his gun. He turned it to me and aimed.

I saw him pull the trigger. Everything else was in slow motion. My boyfriend flung his fist, and it struck the man. The gun went flying. But not before it released the bullet.

I saw the bullet fly through the air. I saw the man hit the ground. I saw everything but I couldn't move. The bullet hit me. I felt the air in my lungs disappear, and I lost conscious.


I woke up, and I was in a hospital bed. With everything out of focus, I saw figures and shapes crowded around me. Some were yelling, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. My vision blurred, but I could make out the shape of my boyfriend shoving through.

“Why did you do that? Why?”he yelled.

The doctors started towing him back.

“Sir, we’re going to need you to stand back.”

He turned to confront them and shrieked.

“NO! LET ME TALK TO HER!”Tears were streaming down his face.

He turned to me.

“Why? Why. Why. Why.”It was more of a cry now than a question. My mind started drifting away.

With the last bit of energy, I whispered,

“Some lives are worth more than others.”

He fell down on his knees beside me.

“Please, my love, for you, is like the horizon. Endless. Please don’t abandon me. I need you. I love you.”

His words fade out like the sunset we had watched just the other night.

“I love you.” I tell him.

Then I closed my eyes.

I could hear his cries as he tried to shake me back.

When I opened my eyes, I was looking from the ceiling of the hospital room.

I saw my boyfriend laid across my body and shaking from sobs. The doctors pulled him away and this time he didn’t resist. I followed them as they dragged him down the hallway. A cart was going by, and I saw the blade catch his eye. I cried for him to stop but he lunged at the cart. In one swift movement he dragged the blade across his throat. I could hear his gurgled gasp. The light of his eyes died, and I realized he was gone. I reached out and his ghostly hand reached out and grasped my own.

I hauled him off the floor and hugged him close.

“I’ll never leave you again,” he said.

“I stay with you forever,” I replied.

© 2018 JDAwesomeness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on February 28, 2018
Last Updated on February 28, 2018

Author

JDAwesomeness
JDAwesomeness

GA



About
Depression more..

Writing