Getting to Know

Getting to Know

A Poem by JLily98

Before the period of dating, most are getting to know their interest. Even during the dating stage, you get to know him/her in a more personal way. So, before dating me, you must know: 
1. My family means more to me than anything, so there's a good chance you'll know everyone before meeting them just by how often I bring them up.
2. I've managed to tell my parents and grandmother everything I know about you within 2 minutes and have shown them a picture of you (my grandmother has probably made up her mind and wants to meet you). 
3. I'm vocal about what I believe in and am not afraid to have a debate with you if you disagree-just know I will not belittle you nor look at you differently because you disagree. I will listen to you, but most likely still stand my ground.
4. That I get obsessed with things such as songs that I'll play for 72 hours straight and will hate by the time you start to listen and enjoy them.
5. That I write what I feel, so there's an 80% chance that I've already written about you...a few times.
6. That I can talk about literally anything at any given time and have no problem giving you my opinion of Sea World then getting into the reasons why I like you in the matter of 30 seconds.
7. I love trying new things whether it's a food, activity, or place- just ask and I'll most likely say yes, but you'll know whether or not I enjoyed it by the expression on my face.
8. That it's easy to make me laugh, especially past midnight when I'm the most honest in my state of delirium. 
9. That I can be very indecisive- just give me a moment to mumble back and forth to you (even though you'll be clueless as to what I just said, but relieved that I made up my mind).
10. The reasons why I have scars on my wrist and thighs- ask if I haven't told you yet, I'm very open about it. 
11. That I'm probably overthinking whether or not you still like me-
12. That I do get insecure at random times- you can compliment me to no end and I'll accept it and thank you, but might ask "why?" or for you to elaborate (but trust me, I'll hold those compliments with me for a long while). 
13. Most importantly, I'm just being me and will never TRY to be something I'm not nor will I TRY to fulfill the picture of what you WANT me to be.


© 2017 JLily98


Author's Note

JLily98
Any opinion is accepted. Thank you for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. I was the opposite end of the spectrum - one of those people who simply cannot do 'small talk'.Let alone express my deeper feelings to friends (until seriously drunk). And as for the opposite sex.... way too much. And meet their relatives - no way. And I'm still the same.

But your piece is so nicely written!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you sound so authentic with this piece.. I wish more women would be so straight forward.. though you do it without assuming anything about the reader.. therefore I feel that I am really just reading as though my eyes are yours whilst writing this.. almost as though it was me speaking those words.. you know.. if I may add, don't -try to be- instead... -just be-

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JLily98

6 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Wow. I was the opposite end of the spectrum - one of those people who simply cannot do 'small talk'.Let alone express my deeper feelings to friends (until seriously drunk). And as for the opposite sex.... way too much. And meet their relatives - no way. And I'm still the same.

But your piece is so nicely written!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017
Tags: love, crush, interest, romance, dating

Author

JLily98
JLily98

Brooklyn, NY



About
A girl who loves writing and is proud to share her creations. Hope you enjoy the many reads! more..

Writing