When She Thinks of Him...

When She Thinks of Him...

A Story by JLily98
"

This is the inside of a writer's mind struck by Cupid. This is not meant to make complete sense, hence the title.

"
I want to show him the world, but how could I when he's already traveled half of it?
"You have to show him a world he's never seen before." 
She knew what he was suggesting, but allowing him to enter her world terrified her more than anything. 
Clutching onto the letters she wrote him, she contemplated: "I can't show him these now, they'll scare him away." 
He was already a part of her world, he just hasn't been given the tour. 
The world of a writer contains much more than who they are in person. They're living in two places at once when you meet them. 
She remembers the first day they met. Although she was present in their reality, she was also present in her world. The words colliding together before she even had a pen and paper in front of her to tell this countless page story. 
Both were clueless as to how long their story would last, but she hoped for a never ending series. She didn't care how long she'd have to write for, she knew the passion burning inside of her wasn't going to be blown out any time soon. 
"It's crazy" she thought, looking back to April 4, 2017. The day before her birthday, and scenes she's only read about it or seen in movies happened in her reality. 
How could someone like her experience something so unheard of?
How could two people that met 7 minutes ago light fireworks for all to see, but themselves?
How could two people who met just 58 minutes ago have hearts beating for everyone surrounding them to feel and not feel it themselves?
Oh, but they felt it alright. They saw much more than fireworks. They heard nothing but each other and when their lips pressed together, they felt everything. 
How could someone she met just an hour ago make her feel so great about choosing life 3 years prior?
How could someone she just met 62 minutes ago make her feel so proud of losing her bad habit a year ago?
How could someone she just met make her so accepting of all of who she is?
How could someone she just met burn inside of her for five months down the line?
How could she come to the realization of all this in the 40 minutes of sitting on his lap and he not have the slightest clue?
How could she tell him? She couldn't in that moment. She had to "allow" him into her world, as if she had the power to decide. He was already a part of it the day before. It was as if he belonged there which is what she found the strangest. Others from her past had to earn a place in her world usually after their choice in tragedy. But he came with no tragedy, no place needing to be earned, only a place that belonged to him. 

© 2017 JLily98


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It sounds like you been hit by the thunderbolt. That's a old way of saying love at first sight.this is a rare thing but the reward is worth it when love is returned to you in kind.thank you for sharing something wonderful

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 8, 2017
Last Updated on September 8, 2017
Tags: #love, #writersinlove, #crush, #writers

Author

JLily98
JLily98

Brooklyn, NY



About
A girl who loves writing and is proud to share her creations. Hope you enjoy the many reads! more..

Writing