Nostalgia

Nostalgia

A Story by Joey Nizz

There come's a time when nostalgia hits and you start remembering most or something in your past, we all had good times growing up.
I mean don't you miss it when you used get up around 7 or 6  am and just go outside and run around and play with your friends and neighbors because you wanna have a great time so you start it really early so it would last longer?
Not giving a damn how you look like you just getting out there and letting the world see who you are without a care in the world!
When it used to feel like a you committed a crime by just saying a bad word, and when you look at it now, you laugh and realize that this word is not bad at all, its just what our parents told us.
Getting dirty and getting the EYE from you mom because you left muddy foot prints as your walking in.
When we used to go home by at least 5 pm or 6 because we had a curfew.
When life was just simple and you didn't care about what people said because you didn't even know the meaning of the word rumor.
When we didn't spend 5 hours on Instagram, twitter, Facebook or whatever social media websites kids now days.
When we used to get trouble in school just because we didn't share your crayons or your sweet treats. 
When little boys only cry because they fell and hurt their knee while playing side.
When little girls only cried when they get their barbie taken away.
When we only used to listen to music from Disney because that was our billboard chart music.
When we used to hold hands with our moms as we walked through the mall.
When we used to just do whatever we wanted without worrying about being judged by someone.
When it wasn't a hassle on where to go and who we hang with because our parents used to do that for us.
When we didn't live everyday like it was a test, or having a test all day.

I miss those days, when we actually felt happy for no reason or for simple reasons, the feeling of freedom was to do as we pleased since we didn't have that feeling of responsibility or any obligation to do so, we do whatever we want and we don't have to push our selves to do the things that we love. 
No one said growing up will ever be easy, things change as we grow, then we learn new words like responsibility, obligation, truth and false, liability and so on, growing up is a must, but growing is also optional if you get my drift.


Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
-Unknown-

© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You captured it perfectly.
As I look back at my life now...with parents dead and family/friends that have passed on...I find myself missing those days and people so much. You remember with bittersweet fondness, those days of carefree abandon, when you had the world at your feet and didn't know it. Great poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much and yea we should all look back to how good we had it or who was it with and mov.. read more
See things through the eyes of a child.
Age is only mind over matter.
I love this piece. Your writing is ever-improving. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


JessyJacob

7 Years Ago

Yes everyone needs their life being prior over others, made for each other, always have same attitud.. read more
Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Well put, and yes I agree, in the end we are all the same, just like a coin, 2 different sides but s.. read more
JessyJacob

7 Years Ago

Nice!!!!!!!!
Another simple review for me.
Times of yesteryear. You have brought some very fond memories to the forefront of my mind.

Sometimes the most complicated of explanations or reviews can't compare to one single word. So I leave you with this one.

Happiness.

Thank you.
Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Your welcome and thank you for your review and your thoughts.
And im glad you felt happy when.. read more
You remind the reader of how it was to be young; how happy and natural life was. Children adventure and tempt life; explore and juggle with day-to-day happenings, learn lessons of how to be - not always quite obeying! You've listed so many examples - quite a spectrum too.

Some editing re' grammar and punctuation would be helpful in time Yes? But meantime, this was/is an enjoyable read. Thank you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

I fixed my writing, and no its ok don't delete anything. its fine :)
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

That's good, thought I'd offended you. Must dash..
Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

lol nah you didn't, don't worry it's all good
Drift can be overlooked by ignoring as immatured/youthful, I dont think one is that. But no one is old by age, still swimming in the ocean as man, sleeping in home as youthful kid. This should work for any individual.

No boundaries, All freedom, but one is fixed on one, LOVE, which ignores every mistake, becuase, it is also trust, that youthful kid never hurts anyone and never repeats mistake again. Loving. Still believe past was hurting me, till I came out from my shackles, though it was playful in the day, hurting in the night in a bone. To get freedom back to family and home, without hurting my responsibility of my saviours.

But to see sunrise of earth in somebody's eyes, waiting for the dawn. Unable to go home, as the dusk falling rapidly, getting shivering unable to stop the sun sinking, though Moon was coming and hugging us.
I really liked the lines how you described exactly, of past, sometimes it hurts to be soo detailed too looking back to past. Memory needs to be filtered, keeping precious moments, with their value in future, which makes path to happy future without hurting anybody.

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Your welcome, Always come out a winner, weather its an argument, debate or whatever it is for, Being.. read more
JessyJacob

7 Years Ago

But i know, and you also agree that being positive also has limits. Ok and thank you.
Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Yup with that i also agree
This story really made me agree with you on some points. When we were kids we wanted to grow up and when we grow up we want to be kids again. That's the truth. It is hard to accept life. I really liked it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Thank you i'm glad you agree.
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Yes...You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Two Sides Two Sides

A Story by Joey Nizz


The End The End

A Poem by Giulia King


Intoxicate Intoxicate

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO