Generosity

Generosity

A Story by Joey Nizz

Always remember those who work hard to serve you.
Back in the old days, ice cream sundae's don't cost as much as now, a 9 year old boy walks into an high end cafe down the road. The little boy entered and sat down at a table, a waitress puts a bottle of water with a glass in front of him.
No he said, no water for me I am here for something else.
What can I get you, the waitress asked.
How much is an ice cream sundae mam? he asked.
fifty five cent, the waitress replied.
The little boy took his hand out of his pocket and counted the coins he took out.
Well, how much is a normal plain ice cream he asked
And by now a lot of people are waiting to be served at their own tables and the waitress was getting restless and a little pissed off and running out of patience from the little boy.
Forty cents! she brusquely replied to him.
The boy once more counted his coins while the waitress looked at him impatiently.
Ill have the plain ice cream he said.
The waitress brought him the ice cream, and brought the bill to him on his table and walked away.
The boy have finished the ice cream he ordered and got up and went to the cashier and paid and left. When the waitress came back and was at the table to take the bill, she started crying  as she wiped down the table. By the empty dish, was placed three nickels and 4 pennies.
You see, he couldn't have the sundae because wanted to have enough money to tip the waitress for her service.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Superb! What a beautiful mind felt, wrote and shared this tale. Yes, that's You, Joey. Tis how appreciation and respect should be but rarely is these days. Wonderfully, beautifully written and gently laid. Thank you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Thanks Emma!
And yes It is very rare to find appreciation and respect now days or that are si.. read more
You left me speechless here. I am still deeply moved.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Im glad you have felt this story, I just read it again and i felt sad for the little boy.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: Ice cream, sundae's, little boy, waitress, coffee shop, generosity, kindness

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I am.... I am....

A Poem by Gee