Kindness

Kindness

A Story by Joey Nizz

Yesterday was a dull day yet interesting. As I was driving down the road I noticed a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk and shuddering like crazy in the heartless cold.
He was just sitting there smiling and not asking or begging for anything and he had holes in his impoverished torn jacket.
There was a burger king right there just across the road, so I decided to do the right thing and went there to buy him a few burgers and a cup of hot coffee, and put whatever is left from the change in the bag (12 dollars).
When I went back to give him, there was a car right ahead of me giving him a bag of food. I wasn't disappointed because I didn't get to him first no, I was happy to see someone else who was willing to go out of their way to help the poor man.
I gave him the bag anyways, I wanted him to have enough, enough for him to last as long as possible, he humbly accepted and kindly thanked me. Then I saw a girl, who looked like she has been crying, walking on the same sidewalk. She had fresh bruises and some scars all over her face and body.
The homeless man instantly got up and went up to her and gave her what I bought him and smiled at her and said "Everything will be okay :)"
The altruism kindness that I have witnessed was unbelievable and marvelous! I kid you not i teared up by what I saw..
You know, maybe there really is some hope left for humanity.

Treat everyone with kindness and respect, no matter who they are
Even to the ones who are rude to you and disrespectful
Not because they might be nice
Because you are!



© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true, a little kindness goes a long way.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yes it sure does.
Thank you for your review.
It made me remember something about a kid who begged for money from me and when I gave him some food he frowned and said he wants money only. It is good to know the man did not begged and we have anti mendicancy law here in the Philippines. It is better to refer that man to the right institution like a social worker maybe. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Lol I get ya, we all have alias's *wink wink*
CAPOLAVORO

6 Years Ago

Lol.. you're so cute. :)
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Lol why thank you ^^
Have you ever been in bahrain before?
Oh my. what a wonderfully WONDERFUL and sincere piece of writing! It has so much heart, plus, gives such a fine example o how Humankind can be.. and should be.

How one writes shows the 'master of the pen, you are obviously a man sympatico. Thank you for caring.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for thinking so and for your review, sometimes we have to remind people that they can be k.. read more
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

How very true, Joey.
I have been homeless and one of the things of many that you lose is the ability to help others in need. This was a great story and the first person of this story was able to give the gift of giving. It allowed this homeless man to be human and to give. A luxury he could no longer afford.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yes I agree with you, The act of other peoples kindness has its effect on others, and some people th.. read more
It's true sometimes it's kindness and a word of support that's all we need to offer....very glad you shared it with us :)


Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yes, we all need to be kind or get kindness in return to appreciate one and other, and everybody nee.. read more
This bit - there was a car right a head of me giving him a
Change the ' a head' to 'ahead'
This bit - I want him to have enough,
Change the word 'want' to 'wanted'

This bit - She clearly and obviously had bruises and fresh scars all over her face and body.
Either the word 'clearly' or 'obviously' needs to be made redundant. Or change the sentence to something like this - She had fresh bruises and some scars all over her face and body. (just a guidance , do what you want with it)

This bit - I kidd you not
The word 'kidd' should be 'kid'

The above are just there to help youand in no way disrespectful towards your writing.

Ths piece was another one of those pieces where it makes you feel good. There was a lot of warmth in this piece. And demonstrates that in this crazy world, some people are willing to help others no matter how bad there own situation is.

Mark.





Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

And I appreciate the fact that your are trying to help it means a lot to me, most people will notice.. read more
matrixmark

6 Years Ago

Thank you Joey - what you have said goes a long way in my book. It really means a hell of a lot to m.. read more
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your welcome!
I'm glad you liked what I said and didn't upset you in anyway.
Very well said. I felt the warmth of kindness by that story. I liked it a lot.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad you did :)
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017
Tags: Kind, kindness, humanity, homeless, poor, crying, bruised, burger king, burgers, coffee

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..