Until We Meet Again

Until We Meet Again

A Story by Joey Nizz

I cant believe its been this long, so many days have passed, so many weeks followed with the months that became the years.
I didn't know on that day that your name was called, your name was called to go up in the clouds, it  broke my heart to lose you. You left peaceful memories in my heart and mind to remember you by, and even though I cannot see you I know you are always by my side, as I was for you when you used to be around.

I never got to see your face, not even once before you left, I never got to whisper words to make you feel safe, I never guided you to help you through the pain, Ill never get to sing to you just to see you smile or to see you sleep peacefully, there are many countless things I can never get to do with you because the hardest thing is not being with you anymore.

You lived in your own world, filled with nothing but pain and agony, I witnessed you being pushed around and I was there to pick you up,  I used to see you the next day with bruises and cuts and whenever I asked whats wrong you always said that you fell or any other excuse, and I believed, not knowing the truth of your abusive drunk father who beat you down almost everyday, he beat you, he raped you and he threatened you, everyday you used to come to me with a smile, and we used to talk about our plans of the future and everything that made us happy, little that I knew of what really happened after you went back home, everyday!
You were always strong enough to keep that special one in a million smile of yours, you were always alone and no one ever understood you, you were a beautiful vase that had roses, that shattered and with its broken pieces the roses were scattered with their petals on the ground.

Never saw it coming, but little did I know, I thought I made you strong, but I guess I was wrong, I didn't know it came down to this when I found out that day, you decided to pick up the blade to end it all, that blade took you away from me and I never got to say what I wanted to say, it was very hard for me to believe it until you were six feet under, I couldn't understand what was going on so I started to dig you out, half way through I realized that this was real so I had to stop, I was the only one who was there for you that day and that made me feel sad, I was alone that day when I saw them put you down, I didn't even look around to see if anyone else was there, because it was so silent  so quiet so surely no one was there. 
It was raining that day and it felt like tears, the tears you held on for so long from the pain and suffering, but I guess your finally home now and somewhere where you truly belong.

Those special memories we shared and your memory will always bring me a smile, ill try to keep that smile for your memory, but only if i could have you back for just a little while, we will sit and talk again, just like we used too, just like the old times, you always meant so much to me, you meant the world to me and will always do, you understood me more than anyone and I thought that I understood you too, the fact that you are no longer here will always bring me pain but know this, you will forever be in my heart.
I miss you and I love you, always had and always will

Until we meet again.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
I will still always be there for you,
And wherever you are now, I hope you finally found the peace you were hoping for.

R.I.P Pauline

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Incredibly sad and beautifully written. Emotionally reaching depths at the core. Great job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you, for your review and comment :)
duff

6 Years Ago

Very welcome:)
I am moved to tears Joey.
Pauline will be safe and sound now:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Remembering her after all this time brought tears to my eyes also..

Thank you, thank .. read more
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Always a pleasure:)
It is so sad with many blended emotions..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing and for thinking so.
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

it was my pleasure :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
/
Your words are a mixture of doleful descriptions, metaphor and horror rolled into one. Loss tears up your soul in this. You really put it out there. Sorry for your loss.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing, and thank you, shes in a better place now :)
Joey this is so beautiful and real-written from your heart. It made me cry and I could see her with the bruises and the pain. "I started to dig you out...it was raining that day and it felt like tears"-eloquent words to describe how you were ripped apart by the loss of someone you loved and tried to help.I'm so sorry for your loss and her death. Your poem is raw and powerful and gives a voice to your friend, and to all the victims of violence and abuse. She will always love and be with you. God bless.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you, this has been long overdue, I always wanted to say her story to the world to see who see .. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

You are very talented and very welcome!
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks again :)
Such a sweet, beautiful and heart wrenching tribute...
Keep it up :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad you think so :)
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem :)
That's touchy..
I always enjoyed your words joey and this one is just awesome as your others works are..
Loved it

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you Farhan, your reviews have always kept me going.
This to me is like a song. Could be somehow. Such a nice piece. Not that powerful but touching. :) Like how you give love.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your review, I wanted it to be powerful but I guess I failed, oh well at least you tho.. read more
CAPOLAVORO

6 Years Ago

Well, it is does not need to be powerful for it to be wonderful. I like the silent tone I feel on th.. read more
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

True, but I guess I wanted it to be quite with powerful words. Thank you for your review and points .. read more
This really touched me .It's so deep...The writer's love for that girl, is so beautiful....
I was shocked reading that part where the girl's father did all those abusive deeds...omg.
Great work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yeah.. it was pretty shocking that a father would do such a thing, but what to do life can be unfair.. read more
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

Yeah, I agree with your words.......My pleasure.
Oh i just fell in love with this one...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your review Apoorva, I appreciate your review and thoughts. :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

788 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2017
Last Updated on June 11, 2017
Tags: Lost, suicide, tears, sorrow, memories, Pain

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It's Time It's Time

A Story by Joey Nizz


Goodnight Goodnight

A Poem by Ethan


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya