R.I.P C.B

R.I.P C.B

A Story by Joey Nizz
"

The world lost a very talented musician and will always be remembered by the ones he inspired and the ones that loved his work. Rest in peace Chester Bennington.

"
I remember, I remember when I was just a kid, I didn't have much and I was always alone I didn't feel that anybody understood me or cared, always had problems at school or out of school it didn't really matter, anywhere I go dark clouds followed, until that day came when I had to go to school and my dad was dropping me and I was just looking out of the window and I remember it was raining badly. I decided to turn on the radio to 96.5 FM and there was a really bad song, I wanted to switch the channel but luckily the song has changed to a piano tune, a piano tune of a song called "In The End" and that's when I heard an amazing song that said "In the end it doesn't really matter" and as soon as I finished school I asked my mom to take me to the music shop and that's when I bought the cassette tape that had this song and ever since I was a big fan of the band.
The lyrics of the lead vocalist was somehow addressing me in his lyrics in an indirect way, all of the band's music and songs were just spot on, and during the years I have bought every album they ever released with a dream of seeing them live or even better, a dream to meet them.
I was up to date with them more than anything or any other singer or band or DJ, with the same dream that I always had since I was a kid, but circumstances kept me away from chasing this dream of mine but I was still believing in that dream, to see and meet you.

July 20, 2017, the world received a shock, the shock that came from the news of the death of the lead vocalist Chester Bennington, I wasn't shocked at first because I didn't believe it but I woke up shaking very early in the morning and decided to check online for the news, and they were real and that gave me a heavy punch to the chest, I was sad and angry and was in tears for losing someone that I looked up to with the words he said, the words of the things that happened to him as he was growing up, I have never felt alone because of his words, always thought that at least there is someone out there who understands.
You took your own life because you couldn't bear the weight of the world, I wish you didn't do what you did, millions of people around the world wished for the same also... but I guess whats done is done.
You have been through all of the abuse as you were young and fought against your drugs and alcohol addiction, I was happy that you did all that, that you have moved on, but didn't really expect that'll it'll come down to this.
Your last live performance was amazing and very emotional when you sang (One More Light), a song you wrote about your beloved friend Chris Cornell who died on May 18, 2017, you wrote and sang this song in his memory. and decided to take your own life on July 20, 2017, on his birthday you decided to be with him because he understood you more than anyone in this life, when you lost him you felt that you lost a part of yourself.

You had hidden messages in your lyrics that no one knew until recently, the songs, Numb, Breaking the Habit, Crawling, Heavy, One More Light and much more explained about your past and what you went through and what you're going through, hidden messages and clear ones that not many understood.

You were a true idle, my idle, because of you I have become a musician and because of you I've become a writer when I was young, and because of you I found my way back to writing when I gave up years ago, and last but not least, because of you I have become more than I was before and can see things clearly and more creatively. 
I'm trying my best to honor your memory, in a way you knew best, in writing.

Thank you for all of the things you've done and may your soul rest in peace, Chester Bennington.

This one's for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfuzFRsE4qU

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfuzFRsE4qU

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice, well written tribute. It's weird him and Cornell going out like this one after another. They were so personally close as well, it's tragic and strange.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yeah I agree, it was kind of weird and It was tragic but they shouldn't have done this to them selve.. read more
Very emotional...Nice tribute...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you Najam :)
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
Tattooed Soul


And here I recollect
the past, spent
building you up,
putting together, adding up
colored bits and pieces,
jagged and rough
none out of thin air, no
but from deep within my soul,
glossing it up, with
my hopes and aspirations,
my sorrow and frustration
Just a mirage,
sparkling on the horizon
Though it was you who
lend this fickle illusion
your words, your voice
and your Name..
Carving it's existence!

Now that you reclaim your Name
Leaving it to disperse in thin air
Broken shards, flying back to me
a reflecting kaleidoscope
Of your words and voice
a perpetual tattoo
engraved on my soul!



a poem related to this

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks man ill check out the link.
Krutika

6 Years Ago

@Abraham Thanks for sharing my poem :)
Abraham George

6 Years Ago

@ Krutika-----i am honored to share such a beautiful tribute.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

718 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017
Tags: Death, idle, singer, band, linkin park, Chester Bennington, musician, music

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Ruined Ruined

A Poem by Natasha