The Race

The Race

A Poem by Joey Nizz

Life, life is nothing but a race for too many of us.

It all begins as soon as you get up in the early morning and it keeps on running in your mind even once you fall asleep.

No limits, no finish lines either, for the number of races that you and your mind run every day, every night. The race to possess more, the race to earn more, the race to climb the ladder of success, the race be the best at everything than anyone, the race to become more popular, the race to look the best and better than anyone, the race to have more and the best of pleasures that life has to offer, the race to live a better life, the races just keep on coming and going.

Is there no end? no finish lines? is this the life you wanna continue living forever?

Just stop in your tracks and think for a minute about how would life, how YOUR life would be if you decided to quit this race today right here right now at this very moment. Won't it be less anarchic, more peaceful and better than how it was before?

Then

It would be, right?

Then whats stopping you? whats stopping you from doing so?

Keep this in mind, the race you're running? it will never end if you keep chasing and running after meaningless/pointless goals all day every day!

But hey yeah, it'll end alright, it'll end the very moment you decide to end it!

Whether it's you or me or whoever, we live our lives like a race just because we see everyone else living it that way. We don't really know that there's actually a better way to live our lives.
If we saw everyone living a peaceful and a happy life we would want to follow them in their tracks just to see if we can live the same, won't we?

The sad part is most of us look at our own lives in the terms of what and how we achieve it, what we possess, and what we appear to others.
And this right here is what gives birth and a new beginning to those thoughts and actions we take that which makes us live life as nothing but a race that we must keep running after, faster and as fast as we can!.

When you let go of the moments that have such as delusions from your minds, you will immediately see the ineffectiveness and futility of running this race.
You see how a happy life is made up of moments that you live to your fullest and at your own natural speed, increase the speed at which you live your life and you will only invite unhappiness and
 stress in your life.

Next time you find yourself rushing in a race that you don't know where it's heading, stop and take a break, breathe and come back to your state mind and become aware of the present moment.
This will remind you to live your life how YOU want it to be, it'll remind you to live your life one moment at a time, and focus on one thing at a time, one activity at a time, then you can spend your time doing things that meant the most to you, the only things that are more important to you than any meaningless goal.

To live a life full of meaning, you should turn it around and focus as much of your energy on the things that add value to yours and other peoples lives. The race will only block you from doing the things that you really wanted to do.

By just letting go of it from your life, you will actually discover the abundance you have deep within you. and even better, you will finally discover the knowledge and understanding within you which is enough for you to live a meaningful and a happy life.

Focus on whats now, focus on what you really need and pursue it
because this is the race that is worth running after, and once you know what you're running after, you are guaranteed to win it once you get to the finish line, I promise you that.

Think about it right now after reading this, think about it today and start today.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write and so true, why constantly compete, wanting more and more, sounds good to slow down, live in the moment - be content - now that's something to strive for - :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Sometimes whatever you get is enough or good for the time being, why keep on chasing something and l.. read more
Thought provoking, profound, impartial words.
'And there's no end ; not even death; death is the beginning of the race to either suffer or celebrate.'
The phrase, "meaningless goals" speaks a thousand words.
I think everyone should read this.
Excellent!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

thank you for your review and I agree with what you said, i like your words and I agree even in deat.. read more
Whenever I need a lesson to learn, I always seek for your writings Joey. Thank you once again.

Sincerely,
CAPOLAVORO

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

You are very much welcome, im glad to know that my writing was helpful ^^

Thank you f.. read more
very lovely.
i really liked this one.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you for you review J! ^^
Many race for achieving materialistic things in this temporary world. Only few understand this fact, the complete message was effectively conveyed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much Najam, im glad you think so :)
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're always welcome :)
True indeed! It's very well expressed. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reviewing and your thoughts about this one :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2017
Last Updated on September 20, 2017
Tags: Life, race, meaningless goals, goals, achieving, achievement, meaningful

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Diary Diary

A Poem by iamshadowine


Bubbles Bubbles

A Poem by Joey Nizz


Start Now Start Now

A Story by Joey Nizz