Live for The Moment!

Live for The Moment!

A Poem by Joey Nizz

Predictions, you've heard and read them from a number of people such as Mother Shipton, Siener van Rensburg, Nostradamus and so on.
And some of you who actually believed the Mayans when they made their calendar and said the world will end in 2012, heck Hollywood even made a movie about it, 2012 came and passed and yet, we're still here...

 But, have you ever thought hey what if, tomorrow comes and you wake up to start your day but once you woke up, you saw that you woke up to a world with no gas, no telephone, not even electricity. what if there were no hospitals or any shops or restaurants or cafe's? What if you found out that you have to go out there and gather water and forge for your food or hunt for it? What if the good ol world, the world we live in and know and always been taken for granted was gone for good! forever gone and in its place a brand new world, a world were humanity must learn new skills and ways to survive and to barely adapt to the existing conditions that are thrown at them.

Tomorrow, anything could and can happen

Tomorrow, might not even happen...

Would you survive?

Here are some words from Julien Smith that recently challenged me:

"Everything you care about, everything you are about, needs to begin today or it may never happen"

If you don’t want to do it now, you clearly don’t want it bad enough.

There isn’t a single thing in this world that’s made better by starting tomorrow.

Just think about it, now how many of you said that they wanna do something and have been postponing it for tomorrow and when tomorrow comes you again postpone it for the day after?
What’s something that you’ve put off doing till tomorrow? Did you really do it? I didn’t think so.
Some of us never do anyways

Now here's a list of things I said that I'll do tomorrow:

Start looking for a better job

Go visit places that I've been dreaming to visit since I was a kid

Start my own business

Go for a jog or a walk in the park

Fix my laptop and cell phone

Donate to a non-profit organization

and etc..

Many of these things I have mentioned above, I've been pledging them every day for the past I dunno how many years now with the same promises, but nah man, I'll just do it tomorrow.
I keep repeating the same false promise every day!

FACE IT, tomorrow may never come, you barely even have today. Embrace what you have and for what it is, or just surrender to your life in mediocrity and regret.

What have you been putting off continually? What has been hurled into this endless void of "naahhh Ill just do it tomorrow"? Just stop, stop lying to yourself. really what you really mean is: Hey how about I'll never do it I ain't got no time for that.

I really hate telling you this but there is and there are no "best intentions" awards at the end of your life. ITS NOW OR NEVER!

Yup, its time to act!

It really doesn't, mean that it has to be like this you know, you and everyone else out there have a choice, a choice of their own, a choice to make.

You can do that thing, the thing your thinking about right now, today! and not tomorrow, not in a week or 2 or even a months, RIGHT NOW!

If it's really worth it, worth all that effort, then do it, you shouldn't really wait. If it's not, then just be true to yourself and say: I don't really want it badly.

Momentum must be built, so build it, overcome resistances. Break free of your laziness state and malaise. Get up and do something!

Trust me, you will feel better about yourself once you started to do the thing you did not postpone, Trust me I know. it gets easier as you go and I have learned that the hard way.

Some say and feel that starting is hard.

It really just requires perseverance and courage and all kinds of initiative. That's why most of the people out there simply just talk about it, but never do it. That's why its the hard part.

But we gotta start somewhere, one way or another, starting something is necessary. it is important to make your own mark to leave your own legacy and say YES! I did this or I did it!

I, I dare YOU to begin, and then when tomorrow comes, do it all over again.

Live for the moment, live for now and do it now, to make sure nothing gets hold, to make sure you have accomplished something.

Do it now and live.

For the moment!

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
Don't you agree?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should go and speak in the " TED talk " , really !
It's most exciting and motvating and inspiring ! It set fire in my eyes, and passion in my heart *-*
Your words are pushing me to get things done and stop procrastinating !
Thank you ^^

Posted 5 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much! Im glad that you liked it ^^
and maybe I should give TED Talk a try :p
Black Jess

5 Years Ago

You're welcome ^^
Yeah why not !!
I agree...
Keep up motivating...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks J! and well do ^^
Wholeheartedly agree... I make excuses that make excuses that make even more excuses... It is a never-ending spiral, and until we own up to it, and start living the way we WANT to, and not chained by laziness and contempt... We will never truly grow... Thank you for sharing the positivity of grasping ones own future

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Im glad you agree, and yeah postponing something will never accomplish anything in time or once you .. read more
I like it Joey and I definitely agree. I used to always look so far down the line and try to plan everything out and it made me miserable. I take the days as they come and much happier. As you said, you never know what can happen. Nice work. Plenty to think about.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you duff i'm glad that you liked this one, its good to plan for whats ahead but dont lose your.. read more
duff

6 Years Ago

You're welcome and very true my friend.
Sir this poem is made for me. You put me on point with my life. I will be 50 tomorrow n have put off for tomorrows for so long, it's time to stop lying to myself. thanks God is Good

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I'm glad that it did, and happy birthday in advance.
Do the things that you always wanted to .. read more
The whole thing scares me knowing that the next day... everything that we all knew... would not be there anymore. It's enough to know and fear. Amazing poem

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your review and yeah I agree with you, some of us have the same fears but th.. read more
Wow, This is very powerful. I liked it a lot and I agree with you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you, im glad that you agree
Yes i agree,nice writing....live for moment....

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much, im glad you do :)
Joey why don't you start those motivational speech hehe :)
i think u would be a hit with youtube :)

true we need to start doing things we want than postponing it..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

hehe YouTube here I come xp

And yeah, postponing something will only either make you .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on October 9, 2017
Tags: Live, moment, for the moment, dreams, present, future, now, never

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Ana B.


Bubbles Bubbles

A Poem by Joey Nizz


A Journey A Journey

A Poem by Joey Nizz