Rather Today Than Tomorrow

Rather Today Than Tomorrow

A Poem by Joey Nizz

Use your now right now! There is always another day to change something, 
but all the days we may meet may never be the same. Use your now right now


In spite all of the things that you think and believe that is horribly wrong with you,  love yourself.

Again

Love YOUR SELF!

Tattoo it on and in your brain, designing these words as a historic monument that'll forever be remembered by you.

I can think of many, many reasons why you should love yourself, for instance here's one: it is incredibly tedious and bland to be around and surounded yourself by people who do not love themselves.

I spent god knows how long stuffing my face with all sorts of food, I felt like I was a monster, a behemoth! I was surely not much fun to be around and I kinda knew that.
I couldn't get any job no matter how much I was prepared, I couldn't land one single job! It is very challenging to hire someone or love someone who fights you by
holding up a mirror of hatred toward themselves.
Here's a challenge from to you today, right now!
Go ahead and take a picture of your face and remember that in 10 to 20 years you will be amazed and astonished at how gorgeous and beautiful u were. Be amazed now!
Identify something about you that you may not adore and find a way to at least laugh at it or like it, even a little bit.
Because you can change that about yourself, you can become better by improving yourself, life is not wasted on dullness and just sitting around doing nothing and then, later on, you'll regret not doing the things you always wanted to do the things that can make or turn you into a better person.

Every day and on each of these days you wake up, wake up with billions and trillions of more people around the world but when the sun sets, not all surrender.
It is a joyous advantage to note that you're an exceptional, extraordinary human being among the billion, the trillion others who wake up every day just the same as you to walk on the same surface.
 It is an honorable responsibility to note that you have to use this advantage adequately.

Use your now right now! There are always other days to do it and change something but all the days we may meet may never be the same. Use your now right now before you lose your chance, that day that was missed and can never be relived again.

Do something today that your future self will thank you for!

© 2018 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very motivational. I found this very moving.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

5 Years Ago

I appreciate your thoughts about this, thank you :)
Harley Quinn

5 Years Ago

No problem :)
A beautiful piece of art! Love how the poem melts into the reader's emotions.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks, Im glad you liked it ^^
Love the last line. Reading that, I recalled this,
'Do something that the world will remember and thank you for' this is a line I wrote in one of my story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Even your line was on spot, thank you for sharing your line ^^
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

It was my pleasure. ☺
I am prefacing this as I am because I keep getting blamed for it whenever we comment on the same poem. The below reviewer (Thoughts in Time) gave you a 1/100 rating, that's why it's so low above. This person has been doing that quite a bit for seemingly no reason. She leaves a nice review with 1/100 rating; I would be weary of that person's intentions if I was you. I'm not leaving a rating at the moment, when you respond back I will leave a rating and you will see what I'm saying about the other reviewer.

Anyway, I like the message of your poem but it's not well executed. While I feel that most things can easily be called poetry if the author so chose, I would strongly consider calling the prose. You might want to omit the word trillions when you talk about the human population... 9 billion (actual pop. count) is about 991 billion less than one trillion.

As prose, pretty good... as a poem, eh, not as good. Regardless, the message is uplifting and motivating and on that merit alone I would call this a successful write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I agree with what you said, and I know its not really a poem, but they didnt give us too many option.. read more
Davidgeo

6 Years Ago

Um, under the 'genre' tab there are well over 50 different options... one of them being "prose poetr.. read more
What amazing wise words- you are so very right we only have the now the here today and it is a gift that’s y it’s called a present- be here be now- I am are the greatest words holding much power I am in the here and now- yesterday is gone tomorrrow is unknown the here and now is all we have- one day at a time- be here now- wishing you a blessed easter🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Well said, once you receive a gift you should use it now and that gift is your present, use it now o.. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

MY pleasure anytime🌹

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2018
Last Updated on April 1, 2018

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing