THE INTERROGATOR

THE INTERROGATOR

A Story by Joseph B Clipper

I took a lie detector once. They asked me have I ever hurt anyone. I said no. They asked if I had ever killed anyone. I said no. Your guessing I know some kind of trick like in the movies but, no. I was telling the truth. Now I can understand how a person in a position such as yourself might wonder how is that possible.

He's talking to the man tied to a chair, sweating so profusely he can barely see the instruments of torture laid out next to him.

You see... you... have a choice. You can tell my employers what it is that they want to know or not. If you do not then I will use each and everyone of these items before you. Now this will cause some severe discomfort I know, but some people are into that kind of thing and who am I to judge.

So if we have to go through such a process I can only assume that's something your into. If by the time I have used all my tools and you still don't have the answer they need, then you will be of no use and they will have me dispose of you like a used tampon. At such time I will ask if you would like me to assist in your suicide. But often it does not end there. Many of my employers get angry at my lack of results.

They send me to your home. Very nice neighborhood I might add. the playground is so close to your house that's gotta come in handy on rainy days. The point is that if you are of no help, I must go see if they have any answers for my employer. Which of course they probably have no clue about the nefarious enterprises you immerse yourself in. Then I go through this whole process with them for nothing.

So I follow orders, I engage in perverse pleasures, I ease in the passing of souls. This is how I earn my living, they pay me at the door. Well extra if I have to make a house call after. So if you tell them what they need to know now don't worry I still get paid. you wont upset me. But.. if you don't then I will assume that all these things I've told you is ok with you. So! Do you have the information they need?

MMMM!!!

What?...What?...Are you saying you don't know what they want to know?

The mans head frantically shakes yes.

Well that's a twist. You see I don't know the question either. But often after an hour it comes to some people. Maybe it will come to you.

Lets begin.

 

oct 2016

from THAIN

© 2016 Joseph B Clipper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016

Author

Joseph B Clipper
Joseph B Clipper

newark, DE



About
i write various poems and stories. i call them my 1000 stories to tell. i'm sure i've written something just for you. more..

Writing
TRUMP TRUMP

A Story by Joseph B Clipper