When I was ten

When I was ten

A Poem by Jaicndarella
"

I wrote this about a year ago it vaguely describes my depression and how long its gone on.

"

When I Was Ten.


I feel like I did when I was ten. When I was lonely and broken. When my only friend just treated me like another person they just saw everyday.

I feel like I did when I was ten. When the only person I could or would talk to was too far away to be there when I needed them.

I’m in the same position I was in when I was ten. When I was busy doing everything but yet still found I had to much free time on my hands. When free time was nothing but empty thoughts leading to scary places.

I feel like I did when I was ten. When I couldn’t help myself and I couldn’t help anyone else either. When my family was broken and when home wasn’t home anymore.

I’m just like I am when I was ten. When I was to mature for my own good but not mature enough to do anything about it. When strangers were my best friends because they were the only ones I could hold conversation with without wanting to break down in tears.

I’m just like I was when I was ten. When death wasn’t a choice I would ever think about making but being alive wasn’t a choice I wanted to pursue.

 I’m in the same position I was in when I was ten . . . I was only ten.

© 2017 Jaicndarella


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This takes me to a very vulnerable place. Too many of us have been forced to grow up at such a young age. You've got a warrior soul. Nice job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2017
Last Updated on December 7, 2017
Tags: depression

Author

Jaicndarella
Jaicndarella

Portland, ME



About
Junior in high school. Theatre Student. Aspiring graphic designer. more..

Writing
Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Jaicndarella