My Roots In Punk

My Roots In Punk

A Chapter by Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
"

The reason I'm a "Punk" and a tiny history of true Punk.

"

     My roots in Punk, embarrassingly stem from the first CD I ever owned. The Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Soundtrack. It included songs like "Time to escape," "Who is Who,"(which led to my love of Dropkick Murphy's.) and "Let's have a war." I have listened to that CD since i was eight years old and still rock out with it today. I can sing every song by heart when it comes to timing and pitch. HA HA, every time I listen to "Let's Have a War" I can still recall playing "Medal of Honor" while blasting that song.

    

      Punk has always just been so attractive and influential to me. When I was young, I craved Punk for the sounds and to be dead honest, I think women with Mohawks are one of the sexiest things on the planet. I've grown a hell of alot though. Every year I excel another ten years in maturity and experience, just ask anyone who has managed to keep in contact with me.


     I think the main reason I adore Punk is the equality and fairness. Now, I know what your thinking.


     "Jack, Punk's just want to set things on fire, f**k, and do cocaine." Said the ignorant reader and over protective,uniformed, close minded parent.


     "You've only seen TV and believe the first thing you hear and see. You haven't taken the time to go out and experience the lifestyle, let alone...you know...actually TALK to a true Punk. It's a hard concept to grasp, I know." I replied in my causal, smart a*s tone. Don't get me wrong, I love fire, sex is pretty f*****g nice, and I'm best friends with a borderline coke lord. I used to be straightedge, and would had "above the influence" tattooed on my cheek, but I decided to experience more of the world. I'd go off on drugs and tell you my thoughts, but I'll save that for another chapter.


     BACK TO PUNK! OK let me give you an EXTREMELY brief recollection on the start of punk. It began with Miners in the UK(whether it's Irish or Scottish, I don't know, and well I'm Irish. I won't be biased.) They were mistreated, underpaid, and overworked. John Redmond was a great Punk hero that, oddly enough, isn't well known.An amazing Irish rebel, he stood up and pretty much said "F**k you!!!" to J.H. Blaire (He owned alot of mining corporations, etc, etc.)


     But if your aspiring to take on the Punker Lifestyle, you also need to accept that we were racist as hell. You may have seen Punks wearing these large Boots called Jackboots. I guarantee you most of them are wannabes and have no clue why they're wearing them. The reason Punks wear boots is for the history of it. Back in the miner's days, they were replaced by slaves because they went on strikes and riots. Slaves work free and rioters cost alot in salary. Use logic. These boots were adorned with stripes for every act of hate and violence committed against other races. Say Mohawk mike beats the s**t out of a black guy. He gets a stripe. So there is a tiny amount of Punk history.


     I love Punk mainly because it doesn't have as much bullshit as everyone else. They like to have fun, they like to do dangerous things, and they don't care what the world things. They enjoy life. The only bullshit you'll find with a Punk is a fake Punker who needs to be beat...with a stick...that's on fire. The world is a fucked up place where good and evil don't exist, it's only varying degrees of bullshit. Hell, I bullshit you too. It's life. Punk is fair, equal, and honest. The group obsessed with anarchy and chaos, has achieved what every religion has failed in. To make everyone equal and happy. Granted, mosh pits don't seem to cuddly, but it's how we...bond, i guess. It's a great experience if you mosh too. You get the s**t beat out of you, you fall, someone helps you up, then you get beat more. That's where the equality and fairness comes into play, along with honesty. You go into a mosh pit, your gonna get hit. Where your tall,short, pink, black, Zebra, anything. You. Will. Get. Hurt. Which is essential life as we know it. (What sucks is Punk as it started in the media was quite peaceful and only fucked with those who fucked with Punk. Fun fact.) We try to bullshit and say we love everyone and we want the best for everyone, but really pay attention to how your thoughts react to different people and situations. You'll be surprised to see that we are all fucked up individuals with the moral character of Lindsey Lohan. So that's pretty much my view on Punk and the reason I'm proud to call myself a Buddha Punk.

 



© 2011 Jack "DO NOT USE" Young


Author's Note

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Enjoy the brief history of why I am who I am.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
Added on March 11, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011
Tags: Punk


Author

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Jack "DO NOT USE" Young

Apopka, FL



About
I'm going to say this immediately. I AM NOT A POET. I AM NOT A PROBLEM SOLVER. I AM NOT EMPATHETIC TO WHINERS. KEEP YOUR COWARDICE AT THE DOOR. I DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR S****Y POETRY THAT YOU WROTE IN 2.. more..

Writing