Discussions with myself #2

Discussions with myself #2

A Story by Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
"

Another discussion with myself.

"

“Are you talking to me again?” J-rot groaned.

 

“screw you too. I believe I have a right to talk to myself.” I replied. That only made Rotten groan again, because he knew I was right.

 

“Yeah, yeah. what do you want?”

 

“Someone to talk to.”

 

“Poor baby.”

 

“F**k off.”

 

“So you don’t want to talk to me?” Johnny smirked.

 

“Christ, am I this annoying?!” I cried out. “Is this the extent of my banter?”

“No, you talk about sex too.”

 

“Shut up, I’m thinking.”

 

Johnny stared at me with his natural wild eyed expression, fighting off a smirk.

 

“What?” I growled.

 

“You realized the pure stupidity of that statement?” He erupted into laughter. After a few moments, he ceased his hysterics. “So what do you want to talk about?”

 

I shrugged, ashamed that I’d just wasted all this time. “Well, how about Buddhism?”

“Lord, this shite again?”

 

“Come on, admit it. It’s noble and sincere,” I smirked, knowing I had the man cornered. “and at the core, you’re a sincere, noble man. It’s reflected in the movement you started.

 

“Alright, alright, you got me.” He smiled warmly, pleased his ego was being stroked.

 

“I do have a nice mind.” I replied, stroking his ego even more. “What do you think of Buddhism?”

 

“I hate it.”

 

My face went blank.

 

“Hate every aspect of it. It’s a way for cowards to use it as escapism and scumbags to claim spirituality. I mean honestly, the majority ruin everything. And when you don’t jump on board the derailed train, you’re accused of being a failure or a poser. Which is horrible if you look a Buddhism, because it’s meant for individual thought and practice. It puts on the responsibility on the practitioner, not the teacher. If you have a mass code for it, scary s**t happens. One Buddhist claimed he attained enlightenment and not too long after, a Tokyo subway was bombed. Never a good thing.” Rotten explained himself.

 

He had a good point and he was right. Set in stone rules have never worked.

© 2011 Jack "DO NOT USE" Young


Author's Note

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Just to clarify, Johnny Rotten is just a personification of my mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 8, 2011

Author

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Jack "DO NOT USE" Young

Apopka, FL



About
I'm going to say this immediately. I AM NOT A POET. I AM NOT A PROBLEM SOLVER. I AM NOT EMPATHETIC TO WHINERS. KEEP YOUR COWARDICE AT THE DOOR. I DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR S****Y POETRY THAT YOU WROTE IN 2.. more..

Writing