I despise people who "Aren't Afraid of Death"

I despise people who "Aren't Afraid of Death"

A Chapter by Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
"

They're the true cowards.

"

Everyone enjoys life. I enjoy life and my life is nothing like I want. Never has been, and i’ve gotten handed the s**t end of the stick multiple times, but I’m terrified of death. And to those that think they have a reason to wish for death: it’s gotta be amazing that you have experienced whatever made you wanna die. An experience you can only have ALIVE.

 

I don’t want to die. Ever. The second I think of death, I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach and I wanna cling to something just to know I’m still here. I enjoy the s**t life throws at me, because I’m good at dodgeball. Life is a challenge, face it. Don’t try and lie to yourself saying “I’m not afraid to die.” You have to say “Not gonna lie life, you are probably going to beat me senseless. I’m gonna at least leave you with a black eye though.”

 

If people are gonna say they aren’t afraid to die, they should put an asterisk, because I’m not afraid to die at all, in certain situations. I’d gladly die in certain situations. It should be:

 

I’m not afraid to die*

 

*well ok, I’m a p***y about it sometimes, but give me something worth dying for, and I will face it happily.

 

Saying "I'm not afraid to die" is just another form of escapism. We can all say it, but when it comes down to it, 90% of us will grovel on our knees in order to survive. And there is nothing wrong with that. It's instinct, for Christ's sake! Do what you gotta do in order to keep doing what you gotta do.




© 2011 Jack "DO NOT USE" Young


Author's Note

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Just a thought that came to me. Started as a blog.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of people who say they aren't afraid of this or that, or that they don't care about anything, don't understand how foolish they sound. If they weren't afraid, or if they didn't care, there would be no need to announce it. It would just be.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011


Author

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Jack "DO NOT USE" Young

Apopka, FL



About
I'm going to say this immediately. I AM NOT A POET. I AM NOT A PROBLEM SOLVER. I AM NOT EMPATHETIC TO WHINERS. KEEP YOUR COWARDICE AT THE DOOR. I DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR S****Y POETRY THAT YOU WROTE IN 2.. more..

Writing