This Is A Pointless, S****y Story

This Is A Pointless, S****y Story

A Story by Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
"

Just something I put together when I ran away from geometery today.

"

"Can I go to Drafting?" I asked Mr. Fuller. He was a very plain, round man. He was balding, donned glasses, and to be compoletely honest...gave off the vibe of a pedophile.

 

Mr. Fuller signed a slip of paper and sent me on my way. Standing outside, my combat backback slung over my shoulder, I realize I have no clue where I actually want to go. I exhaled half-heartedly and trudged through the grass toward my Drafting class. There are perfectly useable paved walkways and sidewalks, but I guess walking in the grass is just my little "F**k you!" to the school. Not much for a self named punk.

 

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glance of my shadow. shadows always perplexed and entertained me. My shadow kicked a*s; my mohawk splayed on the ground, constantly contrasting me. It looked menacing and vicious. I look cute, maybe a little akward and pathetic.

 

Before I noticed it, I walked straight into the Drafting door.

 

Throbbing, I rubbed my head and mumbled "Oh hey, there's a physics there." and sat down in the class. This place has to be one of my favorites on the entire campus. In the gym, there is always this air of being inadiquite. The courtyard was filled with infuriatingly ignorant children. And the library was almost always closed for testing. Here, the only expectation is that you can draw a straight line. Not exciting, but if you make it to high school and can't draw a straight line, go kill yourself.

 

I also have some pretty good memories in here, I suppose. It's where I met my best friend. It's where I was drunk basicly every morning for two months straight. Drafting is the place I can always go to whenever the rest of the school pisses me off. Over 2,000 students and I can stand around a dozen of them. Hell, I think I can count my friends on my fingers. Lets see, we have Lidia, Arthur, Darth, Kayla, Anastasia, Brian, and Billy.

 

Lidia is, to me, my best friend. Intelligent to the point where I constantly second guess myself in her presence. I can read something out of a book, recite it to her, then I go back and reread it just to make sure I'm not wrong. Best part is she's shorter than me. Not to mention, I'm slightly attracted to her. Slightly.

 

Arthur is an extremly cool guy. He is actually a she, but he doesn't lord it over you. You know what I mean, how many people who cut or are bi-sexual have to declare it every second? Arthur isn't like that. Plus he puts my nerdy fandom to shame, with his obession over Jim Moriarty and Benedict Cumberbatch. I thought I was crazy about Johnny Rotten.

 

Darth is easily the most intriguing person I have ever met. He has a history that even now, I still don't understand, but has ended up perfectly ok. He puts my drug record to shame and can actually hold his own against me in drinking games. With all of this, he is beyond talented and is ever so openminded. If he hates something, I've seen him go out of his way to learn about it. The b*****d never ceases to suprise me.

 

Kayla is your typical hyper active kid, but actually uses her head for more than anime and faked hysterics. Under the quirky madness, shes mature as hell. I can actually carry on a conversation with her, which is amazing in itself.

 

Anastasia. To put it bluntly, she's a sweetheart of a person. If you stay on her good side, she is the most amazing friend you could be graced with. But shes mentioned a few times shes gotten pissed off and I generally just shrug it off, thinking shes bragging, until one day she caught on to that. She locked eyes with me, just locked eyes, still smiling, and for whatever reason, I wanted to run. Proud to have a secret intemidating friend.

 

Brian. Well I can't write much about Brian. He just has this air about him that makes you wanna hug the guy. It's impossible to not get along with him.

 

Now Billy, apart from Lidia, has got to be the closest to me. We were on crew together, the rowing team, and have becoming like brothers. Once you row a boat in freezing weather with speedos on, together, you can't get any closer. He's like the little brother I never had, that's bigger than me.

 

Finally, we have me. Glancing over how I described my friends, I feel rather pathetic. I have a past that's forced me to grow up, but still, I'm naive as hell. It's actually caused many fights with my mother and I. Shes angry because I won't clean up my room. I'm bitter because I've had around 13 "fathers." The coolest thing I've got going for me is I'm Buddhist. Open minded, stubborn, and curious, I'm just an average kid, who was lucky enough to find many above average friends. They're not easy to be around, seeing as I pale in comparision, but that's the beauty of them. They haven't left me behind, so I won't run from them. No matter how much the a******s scare me. I love them.

© 2011 Jack "DO NOT USE" Young


Author's Note

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
So yeah, that was pointless. Hope you enjoyed it if you read it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

237 Views
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011

Author

Jack "DO NOT USE" Young
Jack "DO NOT USE" Young

Apopka, FL



About
I'm going to say this immediately. I AM NOT A POET. I AM NOT A PROBLEM SOLVER. I AM NOT EMPATHETIC TO WHINERS. KEEP YOUR COWARDICE AT THE DOOR. I DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR S****Y POETRY THAT YOU WROTE IN 2.. more..

Writing