Death Announcement

Death Announcement

A Story by Jack

Photobucket

April 05 2008 at 3:45pm The infamous poet Robert Luna was murdered on his way too work at a soup kitchen for the homeless in downtown. As he approached the building witnesses say he stopped as he passed an alleyway hearing yelling and screams. He walked down the narrow darken alley. As he raised his voice two shot were fired then silence. Two men were seen fleeing from the alley dress all in black. Driving away in a white Dodge van. No plates were seen by witness. First persons on the scene were two homeless men that had been waiting in line for the kitchen to open. Eric Rink and Mac Thompson both men tried to stop the bleeding but were unable to save his life. Eric Rink spoke with us and informed us of what he witnessed.

Eric "That poor man. There was so much blood I have never seen anything like that in my life. We asked him if he saw their faces. All he replied was I guess they won, silenced me once and forever. I didn't understand what he meant but all we could do was comfort him in his last moment. He asked us to tell his wife he loved her and that she was the greatest part of him. I didn't know him but spending the little time with him that I did, I wished I would have. You know how you can sense the goodness in a person he glowed with pure heart."

Fighting back the tears Eric said he did not wish to say anymore. Police are searching for the two gunmen with little luck at this time. If you have any information please contact the police with any details. Any help in the apprehension of these two men would be greatly appreciated.

© 2008 Jack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh HOLY S**T was my first thought when I read the opening line; that can not possibly be true. Then I stopped and went down to the comments. Phew. intuition pays off. Its a write; not a fact.
Well in the Dresden series I am reading; the lead character has a marble tombstone laid open and waiting for him with "He Died Doing the Right Thing" inscribed upon it by an arch nemesis no less. Perhaps our friend Robert Luna has one as well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well, they kiiled King, the Kennedys, Ghandi, Jesus, John Lennon, and they're trying to kill me at work. But don't worry...sometimes they come back. People never understand that a dead martyr is a cause to rally around whereas a living hero, like a living prophet, is not without honor, except in his own country. If a great poet dies, he gladly lays down his life that the words live on. They are truly immortal.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written and I love the message behind the story. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All great voices tend to get shot down...great irony here ;-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert! Incredible thinking on this one .. if one has to die dying by a soup kitchen is a good spot.. so there is attention focused around not only the victim but the victims .. the other victims .. it is a good write .... tell us, what is it like? did you see a white light lol .. good one Robert... !

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh HOLY S**T was my first thought when I read the opening line; that can not possibly be true. Then I stopped and went down to the comments. Phew. intuition pays off. Its a write; not a fact.
Well in the Dresden series I am reading; the lead character has a marble tombstone laid open and waiting for him with "He Died Doing the Right Thing" inscribed upon it by an arch nemesis no less. Perhaps our friend Robert Luna has one as well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Holy crap, for a second I thought this was real until I realized the infamous poet himself sent to me, unless he's back from the dead. *shivers*

Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So I am dead huh. LOL I wish someone would have told me. I wouldn't have come to work this morning. Damn I always miss the most important news. LOL Well at least I went out trying to help someone else. In the end I guess I was a good guy after all. I found this funny and well thought out. But just wait i will be getting you back my friend.


Great Job!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! There is such an anxious undercurrent. I have to tell you more than once I wanted to run and check on my friend. Things happen in this world and I worry sometimes.

Thank you for finally posting your words. I'm happy that you sent me a read request. Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I LOVE this. So, they killed the Bright Headed bird..The Voice..The Rage. This is a cool piece. He'll love it. I guess it's true...there's a price to pay for each rung up the ladder. This will be devastating news to those who loved him. RIP.. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
9 Reviews
Added on April 5, 2008

Author

Jack
Jack

About
I am here to read and be enlightened more..