DREAM

DREAM

A Screenplay by JA!DEN*FROST
"

A man decides to chase his dream and leaves his girlfriend behind. Only to learn what that truly meant...

"

EXT: OUTSIDE SOMEWHERE - DAY
We see a MAN’s face.
[CLOSE UP ON HIS FACE, MAKING THE BACKGROUND BLURRY.]
His face is blank, nearly emotionless.

MAN (V.O.)
(Solemnly)
A dream... something an individual wants out of life. An aspiration. You know... I never understood the meaning of the term dream completely... I just knew I had to follow it.

INT: A MIDDLE CLASS HOUSE’S LIVING ROOM - THE PAST
The Man is following a woman through out the living room. The Woman is furious. She is pushing objects out of her way in a rage.
WOMAN
(furious, yelling)
How dare you... after everything, Jason...

JASON reaches out and grabs her arm, attempting to stop her.

JASON
(calmly)
Allison... please...

Allison snatches her arm away, aggressively. Whipping her body around and looking him in the eye.

ALLISON
(sternly)
Please, what?

JASON
Understand...

Allison scoffs. She runs her fingers through her hair, brushing it out of her face.

ALLISON
You expect me to understand? Understand you leaving?

She shoves him. Jason steps back, catching himself.

ALLISON (CONT’D)
(yelling)
Understand, you leaving me alone? With no one?!

Allison turns around and storms out of the room, leaving Jason standing in a haze, staring at his feet.

EXT: OUTSIDE SOMEWHERE - PRESENT
[STILL KEEPING TIGHT ON HIS FACE.]
Jason’s face wears an expression of discomfort.
JASON (V.O.)
(Softly)
I knew she was angry. But I had to leave...
INT: MIDDLE CLASS HOUSE; BEDROOM - PAST (CONTINUOUS)
Jason is standing at the foot of a bed. A GUITAR CASE lays askew next to an OPEN DUFFLE BAG. He continues to shove clothes in, carelessly. Allison walks into the room, walking to the front of the bed. She covers her face with her right hand, face palming.
[CAMERA STAYS ON JASON, WE CAN SEE HER IN THE BACKGROUND]
ALLISON
(calmly but aggressive)
Don’t call... ever. If you leave that’s it, Jason.

JASON
(blowing her off)
Sure, Allison. Look... just trust that I’ll be back. This is a once in a lifetime offer.
[CAMERA ZOOMS IN PAST HIM, OVER THE BED, SHOWING HER.]
Allison takes away her hand from her face. Shooting a questioned look to Jason. He doesn’t look up from his clothes packing.

ALLISON
Once in a lifetime? Everything is once in a lifetime...

Jason lifts his head up to speak.

ALLISON (CONT’D)
Including me.

Jason reached over snatching the duffle bag. Zipping it up quickly and throwing the strap over his shoulder. He reaches out and grabs the guitar case, snatching it off the bed. He turns around and walks out of the room.
[WALKING PAST THE CAMERA, PUTTING IT IN BLACK]

FADE TO:
EXT. OUTSIDE - PRESENT
[STILL TIGHT ON HIS FACE]
Jason’s face slowly starts showing more emotion.
JASON (V.O.)
(Distressed)
I tried talking to her. It never seemed to work. I called... and called and called. Finally someone called me... She had cancer. But she wasn't going to tell me. She wanted me to be happy and not worry about her... But I did worry...

EXT: FRONT STEPS OF A HOUSE - PAST
We see Jason walking up to the STEPS of the house. He drops his duffle bag and guitar on the ground in front of the steps. Solemnly walking each step, finally reaching the top. He gently knocks on the door, and waits. The door slowly opens and Jason smiles. Allison jumps into his arms.

JASON (V.O.)
I came home... I couldn’t be away from her.

EXT: OUTSIDE OF THE EMERGENCY ROOM - PAST (CONTINUOUS)
Jason is pushing Allison in a WHEEL CHAIR out of the hospital. Allison wears a huge smile on her face.
As he is pushing her, he steps on his shoe laces. Stumbling a bit. Allison breaks out into hysterical laughter.

JASON (V.O.)
I never left her side. The doctors were amazed at her strength. They said we were lucky that they caught it so early....

EXT: FRONT STEPS OF HER HOUSE - PAST (CONTINUOUS)
Allison and Jason close together on the front steps of her house. Her head is resting gently on Jason’s shoulder. Jason leans over and kisses her. She gently kiss him back. Allison extends her left hand out in front of her, revealing a beautiful ENGAGEMENT RING on her ring finger. She smiles.

JASON (V.O.)
She beat the cancer... I was so happy, I asked her to marry me.


EXT: OUTSIDE SOMEWHERE - PRESENT
[THE CAMERA IS STILL TIGHT ON HIS FACE]
His face now shows extreme depression.
JASON (V.O.)
At least... that’s what my doctors told me that I was telling myself.

EXT. OUTSIDE OF EMERGENCY ROOM - PAST
Jason pushing Allison in the wheelchair fades into a Woman pushing Allison. Jason is nowhere in sight. Allison looks very pale and sick. This time, she isn’t smiling.

EXT: FRONT PORCH OF HER HOUSE - PAST (CONTINUOUS)
We see Jason and Allison sitting on the front steps of the house. They are kissing. When Allison pulls away, Jason fades away. Her expression quickly changes. She starts to cry, burying her face in her hands.
[ZOOM IN ON HER LEFT HAND, SHOWING THERE IS NO RING THERE]
Slowly Allison fades away and we see Jason walking up to the house. He drops his guitar and duffle bag at the beginning of the steps. He solemnly walks up the steps. Reaching the top, he gently knocks on the door. Waiting.
The woman pushing the wheelchair at the hospital answers the door. She has tears in her eyes. She shakes her head no and wraps her arms around Jason.


FADE TO:


EXT. OUTSIDE - PRESENT
[THE CAMERA FINALLY PULLS OFF OF JASON’S FACE, REVEALING HIM TO BE IN A GRAVEYARD. THE CAMERA STAYS BEHIND THE TOMBSTONE.]
Jason is kneeling in front of a TOMBSTONE. Tears are built up in his eyes. He wipes the tears away from his eyes and stands up. He reaches into his pockets.

JASON (V.O.)
(sadly)
Sometimes our dreams aren't as important as our reality... And death overcame my dreams of my reality...

JASON sighs.

JASON (V.O.) (CONT’D)
An old man once told me to follow my dreams. Because DEATH was the only thing that could stop me. He said DEATH stood for "Days End At The Hour"... I wish I could find him again...

Jason pulls his hands out of his pocket and places a GUITAR PICK on top of the tombstone.

JASON (V.O.) (CONT’D)
I'd tell him that DREAM stands for "Death Rules Everything Around Me"....

Jason puts his hands into his pockets and his head down, walking slowly away from the tombstone.
[THE CAMERA PANS AROUND AND ZOOMS IN ON THE GUITAR PICK. ON THE GUITAR PICK IS THE TITLE, DREAM]

FADE TO BLACK.

© 2009 JA!DEN*FROST


Author's Note

JA!DEN*FROST
Please forgive the format. I copy and pasted out of "Final Draft". Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
This is outstanding! Wish you the best with your endeavors. Can't wait to see it out there in the public's eye!

An old man once told me to follow my dreams. Because DEATH was the only thing that could stop me. He said DEATH stood for "Days End At The Hour"... I wish I could find him again.

This part especially caught my attention...a truly unique perspective. I agree with that statement. You have much talent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm a pretty easy critic. I will give an Author three paragraphs to hook me in some way. You were skilled enough to do that. It took a bit to get used to the format, but found the story haunting..with little subtle profound lessons. Good job. Great Piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


WOAH i mean itwas like BAM OR LIKE POW I MEAN IT WAS SO SO SO .... i MEAN DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE IT I REAL REALLY DO I TRIED I JUST COULDN'T ....

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's a very short film you are doing here. It's really a nice piece; kind of "art noveau" in the darkness and brevity of it. I liked the comparative acrostics in it as well. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


love it fav. from the start good job hopefully will see this in hollywood 1 day

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow i like this piece alot.
Great job

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well damn.

Love it.

Going in my favorites.

And bravo.

Damn.

lol

Cheers!
GM

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was stunning. Never have I read such a moving sorrow that made me want to read it again. This was very well written. I really enjoyed the acronynms for Dream and Death and how the words are personified. Brillant. Splendid. I am at a loss for words. Perhaps this statement is best: "You can make endless possiblities w/ this."

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love this! Great write. That was awesome, how we saw the ring and everything...good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written. Good luck with your endeavors.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow, I didn't expect this, I'm amazed! I understand now what you mean about the mysteriousness. in the begining how Allison was upset , and when we saw the ring on her ringer. I really do hope you'll write more, i really enjoyed this, and If your writing more, i'll definitely read them.
Brenna

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 19, 2009
Last Updated on June 19, 2009

Author

JA!DEN*FROST
JA!DEN*FROST

EXCENTOP!A



About
I am a screenwriter. Among other styles I write. lol I have been writing most of my life, and I never really thought about pursuing a career in it until recently. Just check in to see my writing.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason


THE RING THE RING

A Story by Céce