THE QUEEN BEE- Chapter 1 - The chase

THE QUEEN BEE- Chapter 1 - The chase

A Chapter by Jake Dyson

Chapter 1 - The Chase


He’d been running through the forest for what seemed like hours, he was feeling the strain in his legs and a rumble in his belly. He was beginning to lose pace where as they only seemed to get faster.  His aim was the Maluri River just over the Hill in front of him, the height advantage would help thought the man while he ran ‘I’ll throw a rock down, a branch, anything to slow them down’.


When he had finally managed to drag himself to the top gaining his breath, he looked down watching as the three men sought him out. Squinting to see what they were stood around for one of the men pointed to the hill, spotting him they began to give chase. Panic set in as he stood there looking for a weapon, “s**t, f**k, oh god” cried out the man. He picked up a rock with a smooth face.  With all the strength his muscles could offer he launched the rock over the side, he turned and ran as fast as his legs could carry him not looking back to see if his plan had worked.

Fighting through the bush at full pace he fell into a steady stream, landing awkwardly on his ankle he yelped cursing his luck. Wiping his eyes he scrambled to the other side using roots previously hidden by the dirt that the river had washed away the previous autumn. He tried to balance his weight on one foot but it was too much, falling with a loud splash he managed to regain his balance until he heard a click. 


“Turn round boy” called out a stern voice, as he turned around the three men advanced while the man in the middle held up his Winchester 12 gauge staring the man dead in the eyes. He was tall, dark and handsome, muscles completing his frame.  The man on his left was younger, smaller in size and frame but looked tough. Whereas the man on the far right was younger still, only in his late teens with podgy features still yet to develop he was skinny and short with a pocked mark face.  As the man raised his hands limping through the water towards them he opened his mouth to speak, BANG! Went the shotgun "“I DID NOT SAY SPEAK!” screamed out the man in the middle, but the man in the river did not take notice. He could only focus on his hand, shaking with adrenaline the pain hit him as he looked at where his left hand used to be, bleeding and mutilated he screamed in pain.  “Get his arse outta there!” The man in the middle ordering the man to his right-“No, Robbie you grab him” protested the man on his right “Me? Why don’t you?” argued the youngest of the three - “Because I'm older” - Before either of them could continue the man in the middle intervened “Well I'm older than both of you, and I'm holding the gun. Now grab him, both of you!” 


The two brothers looked at each other; reluctantly they jumped in to the river. Robbie the youngest of the brothers grabbed the man’s good wrist while Jon squirmed at the bloodied one deciding against it, instead grabbing the man’s sleeve. They attempted to lift him to the bank as the man clutched his wrist in pain; they pushed him up as hard as they could to no avail. Kevin the eldest brother watched in anger as the two brothers feeble efforts made him grow impatient.  After a minute he grabbed the man by the collar throwing him on to the shore, where he left the two younger brothers staring helplessly with hands held up for help.


Kevin approached coolly over to the helpless bloodied man " “so you’re the f****r that’s led us all the way out here. Well…’ He launched his foot filled boot hitting the man in the jaw sending him crashing on his back. A gurgling noise eroded as he struggled for breath, blood oozing from his mouth. “You still with us you murdering black b*****d!?” He sent another boot flying this time it hit the man straight in the hip "“EH!? YOU THERE!?” raged Kevin. The helpless man didn't move, he had passed out and seemed close to death. The two younger brothers came over drenched, silent and taken back by the present past they had both witnessed, they stood staring at the man waiting for Kevin who had regained his composure - He sighed while he wiped his forehead for sweat “sort it and don’t f**k up” spoke Kevin without looking at them in a mellow voice, slinging his gun over his shoulder they looked at him as he began to march off in the direction they had come. 



© 2013 Jake Dyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
Added on September 8, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013


Author

Jake Dyson
Jake Dyson

North, England, United Kingdom



About
It's been many years since I made this account. I haven't written much for a long time but I find myself coming back every now and then. Thanks for stopping by. more..

Writing
Regrettable Regrettable

A Story by Jake Dyson


Seeing Seeing

A Poem by Jake Dyson