THE QUEEN BEE Chapter 4 - No pain No gain

THE QUEEN BEE Chapter 4 - No pain No gain

A Chapter by Jake Dyson
"

Continuation of The Queen Bee, please read chapter's 1,2 and 3 before reading. Comments and reviews would be a welcome sight, Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.

"

Chapter 4 - No pain No gain

One week later-


Kevin hadn't smiled or felt like this for a long time especially since his father had passed, he sang merrily along to the radio driving just south of Main Square they should be doing it any time now he thought as he drove towards his good friend Kirk’s house. He going to tell him the news that he’d finally got one of the b******s, after all it was Kirk who’d help find a lead. So if anyone could help find the other, it was Kirk; Kirk was a trusted friend and someone he could rely upon in these difficult times. He knew he was going to the get the other soon or later, because Kevin was the ‘MAN’ he told himself as his mobile began to ring ‘Jonny Cash " redemption’ changing down to second gear he answered "“Yeah?” " It was his brother Robbie, he sounded panicky and it took Kevin a minute to calm him down " “Are you there now?” " asked Kevin. “Ok, Ok, I'm coming relax; I’ll be right there, hold on and don’t do anything stupid” " He lobbed the phone on the dashboard- “Stupid f*****g idiots! Honestly” he cursed as he spun his truck into a U-turn almost hitting an oncoming car forcing drivers to slam on and then precede hurl abuse safely through their windows. Kevin didn't care; he took no notice as he screeched off back up the road he came.


Earlier that day -


The street was quiet for a Sunday, the weather had been miserable and overcast for most of the week. People still wandered; shopping, eating, drinking and enjoying the last of the weekend. So no one took notice as the car pulled slowly up to the curb, stopping in the main square Jon climbed out the car putting on a pair garden gloves while scouting around. Robbie jumped out the car opening the boot he grabbed a rope tossing it to the curb, turned to the boot looking at the man they had chased down. “This is fucked up man” - said Robbie " “I don’t like it any more than you do” replied Jon repulsed at the sight " “but we gotta do this. Grab his legs, I’ll grab his hands …or what’s left of it”- “ha! Good one” -snorted Robbie, Jon stared at him with disgust - “You weird me out sometimes. Now stop f*****g about and help me” demanded Jon " “yes Sir” replied a docile Robbie.


They pulled him out, dropping the body on the floor it made a cracking sound on the side of the curb " “f*****g hell Robbie stop messing about!” shouted Jon " “I'm sorry! He weigh’s a ton” excused Robbie -  “Yeah well dead bodies usually do, now quick before the cops cause us any trouble” " “how do you know that?”- Asked an intrigued Robbie " “I saw it on the discovery channel” replied Jon as he launched the rope over the nearest street light.  They dragged the body closer to the street light propping him up against it, they both gripped the rope as hard as they could. No sooner had they started to lift had a crowd started to gather, murmurs of disgust were heard circulating, most were unsure of what to do, some thought it was a prank. An elderly dark skinned man came forward, his walking stick leading the way " “I may be old” he bellowed with all his might " “but I know what year it is! And I know we’re long past this!!...” He looked around for support from the crowd “What, What, What is the meaning of this!?” - crying out with an anger and frustration rising up from within his belly.

 

Jon looked around for any hero’s, he let go of the rope letting the man crumple to the floor as he walked over to the old man " “ Look grandpa” said a domineering Jon as he lent in close to the old man - “This man either killed my father or had some connection. Now you better back down before I put you down…understa” - before he could finish his threats sirens were heard heading towards them.  Jon turned to Robbie " “Quick! get the guns!” -he ordered. Robbie ran to the back seats flinging the door opening in a panic, grabbing a rifle and a sub machine gun he flung the latter to Jon, at the sight of this the crowd soon dispersed leaving the old man to wobble off knowing he was in over his head.


As the cop car turned the corner screeching to a halt a couple of metres in front of Robbie and Jon, they braced themselves behind the car doors-  “make sure your safety’s off little brother and remember if it turns nasty…” Jon paused for a second it took him something deep within -“remember Rob’s I love you buddy”- Robbie was stuck for words as the two police officer’s jumped out of their squad car shouting their demands "“ Drop your weapons! Come out where we can see you! With your hands in the air!”-  Jon looked at Robbie; both recognized one of the officer’s Jon responded “Officer Mackenzie! Is that you?”- The officer was startled he looked over at Officer Phillips she responded " “Jon? Jon Bee!? It’s Harriet!” - Robbie Jumped in eagerly “Officer Phillips!, come out, we don’t want any trouble”- Jon looked at Robbie who realised his place “Come officer’s let us do our thing and it’ll all be over” Negotiated Jon knowing full well they wouldn't. The officer’s looked at each other in confusion, usually it was them in command, it scared the two young deputy’s and it showed in their voices - “lower your weapons and come out where we can see you Jon” " But Jon was confident he knew they had superior fire power " “Robbie, call Kevin tell him to come quick”- “On it”- replied Robbie.


The stand-off had only been a couple of minutes but the tension was rising,  neither the police nor the Bee brothers weren't going to stand down, crowds of people were hidden in the buildings watching the events unfold fearing for their lives. The clouds had become dark and heavy; rain was building up with what smelled like a storm to follow. Officer Mackenzie had been on his radio calling for back up when a volatile Jon popped up BANG BANG BANG went his sub-machine as he let off a quick burst. The officers jumped to the ground in fear scuttling behind to the rear of the car. "“You hear that officers!? We have superior fire power over you. Any attempt to get that shotgun out your car will end in us shooting you down, so here’s how it’s going to pan out. You’re going to throw your weapons over to us, Cuff each other and come out” " Jon was growing impatient, he was eager to impress Kevin knowing full well killing a police officer may not go down to well. The Police officers were scared, Sheriff Dyke had rushed to his radio talking them through what to do but they were panicking and were contemplating giving into Jon’s demands when BANG BANG BANG went a gun behind them. Officer Phillips screamed out as one then two bullets hit her in the lower stomach and then in the kidney piercing her spin as it went all the way through. Jon looked behind his door to his relieve he saw Kevin walking slowly over to the police as he confidently changed from his Glock 19 to his shot gun. Officer Mackenzie scared stiff unsure if Phillips was still alive. Shakily he pulled out his Smith & Weston 14 he clicked it back as he aimed it at Kevin and fired BANG, Kevin ducked sideways, BANG, BANG Kevin fired back with his 12 Gauge shotgun.


Blood splattered over the inside of the police car as Officer Mackenzie’s jaw and face eroded away from the many pellets released from close range off Kevin’s 12 Gauge. Jon and Robbie looked at each other with relief as Kevin stood there over officer Mackenzie, he touched his rib cage as blood oozed from the scrape he had received " “are you OK?” " Asked a concerned Jon as he came out from behind the car door, Kevin looked at the blood on his fingers "“yeah, just a scrape. How about you two?” replied a concerned Kevin, the bullet wound as shook him but he stood like a fierce warrior slinging the shot gun over his shoulder. Robbie came out from behind his car door as he walked over to Kevin, both Jon and Robbie looked at each other " “yeah, we’re OK” nodding in agreement " “good” replied Kevin " “ finish what you were doing then” Kevin ordered as he picked up the officer’s weapons. “Better do it quick. Meet me at Kirks when you’re done yeah?” " “yeah, yeah” came a passive response from the two brother’s. Kevin turned away looking at the surrounding windows as faces began to flash away from the window’s as he did. 



© 2013 Jake Dyson


Author's Note

Jake Dyson
There are room for improvements and I would greatly appreciate it if I got some feedback; good, bad anything :) thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013


Author

Jake Dyson
Jake Dyson

North, England, United Kingdom



About
It's been many years since I made this account. I haven't written much for a long time but I find myself coming back every now and then. Thanks for stopping by. more..

Writing
Regrettable Regrettable

A Story by Jake Dyson


Seeing Seeing

A Poem by Jake Dyson