Nationalisation, a poor peoples power.

Nationalisation, a poor peoples power.

A Story by Jake Dyson
"

If you want to argue a point, please be civil and be ready for facts and figures because I will bring it.

"

Nationalisation

 

The world we live in right now is run by money, everything revolves around earning money, working to provide. Simple and logical, obviously if people can't work for health reasons then we as humans should support those who cannot it is our moral right to do this.

But since the creation of an unfair banking system and the rise of Capitalism money has become an evil, money is a way of paying for goods, once upon a time we bartered and swapped things but obviously that is an old age idea that we cannot and should not go back to, so we created currency.

At the moment the conservative party are in control of the British government. The Conservative way of thinking usually goes that by raising taxes and reducing public spending that the government will save money but in truth they are just helping the rich, while making the common people struggle. The last time the conservative party held control of the British government; they privatised most national owned companies, this to my knowledge (My father has a degree in Margaret Thatcher and the miners strike so I read a couple of his books) was an idea thought up by Margaret Thatcher. 

She believed by selling off national owned companies the country would earn money because the country was in a lot of debt, letting companies sort out these debt ridden business's. This did earn Britain money and it got Thatcher a lot of plaudits from people, mostly people with money.

She sold things from the national bakery to paving the way for the NHS and creating private landlord which have now become a menace to poor people in modern England ...trust me I know I people who have had to deal with some. Now a days there's hardly anything owned nationally...maybe a couple of banks because the government propped them up in 2008 when the debt from all the lending that had been given out finally collapsed in on itself.

So back to my point, selling off companies leads to profits going into the hands of the companies and the tax from these companies going back into the country. Yes you could argue that at the time, the country was at a loss with debt, but 30 years on, the country is in the hands of the rich and owned by people from all over the world and we're no closer to a solution than we we're back then...in fact for the public its only worse.

If the British public owned the companies in Britain the profit would go back into Britain, privatising everything and selling it off only helps for so long, if you sell a company off you earn the money from that company, but then you lose out on the profit from the business itself, so once the money from the sale has run dry...Then what? - Many corporations get away without paying tax for years, only when someone decides to run to the media to we find out about it.

So what I suggest is put a tax on these companies not owned by Britain, which will at first cause chaos by people with money. They will try to convince the public that by doing this, businesses will leave Britain and the British people will be at a loss. But in fact nothing has changed, the people to work are still there, the materials are still there the buildings are still there and the custom to buy is still there. This could be considered as isolationism but this will make things more equal, fairer for the people of Britain, profit from national owned companies will go back into the country itself.

(Going off point!)

I don't agree going into someone else's nation and if we do have to, lets sort out our own country first and show the world the PEOPLE of this country want change, they want fair and equal rights to health, education and prospects that only money will get you. Yes people can say 'Well if poor people want to get out of poverty they should do well at school, that's easy to say if your tucked up in bed at night safe, well fed, with a family that is supportive. Many children struggle to have these, their parents cannot afford piano lessons, singing lessons extra while rich kids get the extra tuition building their confidence to succeed

Look at this for an easier explanation;

Private owned company

Greggs - example

Annual profit goes into shareholders and chairmen

Tax is taken by government, which is a very small amount

National owned company

British bakery - example

Annual profits go into government and Britain itself

No tax is needed as it is a British owned company

If companies own things that should be national then there is a hole in the money chain, meaning money is being pushed into the hands of a few. Where as if it is owned by Britain then the chain has no holes, profit is used again and again by the country.

My last point is this; the rich are only getting richer and the poor getting poorer, this cannot carry on. People will eventually have to do something and the media can only blind people for so long, so answer me this, when will our voice come?

Thank you for reading. 

JMD

 

© 2013 Jake Dyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
Added on September 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 12, 2013

Author

Jake Dyson
Jake Dyson

North, England, United Kingdom



About
It's been many years since I made this account. I haven't written much for a long time but I find myself coming back every now and then. Thanks for stopping by. more..

Writing
Regrettable Regrettable

A Story by Jake Dyson


Seeing Seeing

A Poem by Jake Dyson