THE QUEEN BEE Chapter 8 - Gearing Up

THE QUEEN BEE Chapter 8 - Gearing Up

A Chapter by Jake Dyson
"

Chapter 8 of the popular book - The Queen Bee. If you haven't already please read the previous chapters. This one is leading up to something awesome. I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it.

"

Chapter 8 -Gearing Up

One week earlier-


Kevin had just finished work as he pulled up at his mother and fathers house; there he could see his Brother Jon’s car. Getting out of his truck, he strolled to the passenger door and picked up his paper.  As he got to the porch Bonnie the Labrador wagged her tail pleased to see him, he stroked her head for a minute "“Hey girl”- he carried on up to the door as Bonnie sunk her head back between her paws. Opening the door he placed his paper on the stand next to the door as he called out " “Mum!” "“In here” -shouted the familiar voice of his younger brother Jon.  He heard footsteps from the living room; Jon appeared sunken and looking like he had been crying, the rings dark around his eyes made Kevin uneasy- “What’s up with you?”- Asked a concerned Kevin- “Kev…It’s bad… real bad” Jon stared down at his feet fighting the tears " “What it is?”- Asked Kevin hastily- “Its dad” " muttered Jon- “What about him?”- “He’s gone”- “What do ya mean he’s gone?”- Impatient and worried Kevin called out- “Mum!”- “She’s at the station” - squeaked Jon.

 Kevin turned to his brother lifting his chin up "“What’s happened?” -Kevin trying not to become irritated with his brother "“Some…someone stabbed him” " blurted Jon through his tears. Upon hearing this Kevin marched towards the door "“Where are you going?”- Enquired Jon. Kevin stopped at the door not looking back "“To get some answers. Keep your phone on you”- Before Jon could reply Kevin had screeched off like a mad man. He slid down against the wall, his knees and arms covering his weeping face.


The day after the Shoot out-


Sheriff Herman Dyke had ordered a meeting with his remaining deputies and had requested reinforcement’s from the surrounding areas. After the murder of Officer Mackenzie and Officer Phillips he had sent a dispatch to the FBI, the ATF and the department of homeland security. He had begun to get worried that this may turn into something bigger and even with his experience he felt secretly in over his head. It wasn't long until the FBI arrived with half a dozen officer’s who began to take names and addresses of the suspects, witnesses and anyone who may be involved with the investigation. They set up Sheriff Dyke’s office as the investigation room, the drawing board covering the side wall with Kevin’s face planted on top of it; it was up to Sheriff Dyke to share all he knew about Kevin and his associates. They spent many hours pin pointing and planning out how to take Kevin and the gang down, they also sent out officers to stake out the suspects homes while trying to keep tabs on their movements.

Meanwhile across town the suspected gang were also doing some planning of their own, Kevin had called the whole gang and anyone interested in joining them to gather at Kirks house. By half 6 every one had arrived, some with no jobs had arrived earlier than some with families and other responsibilities. They had a total of 15 with them so far but Kevin was sure more were soon to join.


Earlier that day -


Kirk and Kevin had been going over the blue prints of the police station most of the day while Freya, Kirks on and off girlfriend kept them watered and fed. They had run into a couple of problems as to how they were going to take the police station without taking casualties, they knew the front door would be suicide if they stormed it while the back would be gated and guarded before they could get inside. It wasn't until Freya had brought them their coffee and biscuits that they got their idea; she told them of how her dad who had passed away a few years previous had left all his Vietnam army gear in the shed at the end of the garden.  When she told them he had some sort of shotgun grenade launcher Kirk knew what it was instantly, he was so excited he jumped up pumping his fists in the air "“A f*****g M79 grenade launcher, Yee haa”- Kevin looked at Freya and Kirk in amazement "“So this is good right?” " He asked unsure of what it was "“Good!? This is f*****g awesome!” " replied a thrilled Kirk, he pulled out his phone as he searched on the internet for a picture "“Check this out. They’re not gonna know what him them. He chuckled as he put his phone away.” -“Freya when can you get this for us?”- Asked Kevin politely "“Now if you want?” " she replied "“baby if you could that’d be great, hold on here’s what the bullets look like” " explained Kirk showing her on his phone "“It’s ok Sweetheart don’t worry, I’ve seen it a few times before my daddy passed” " “aw thanks baby your amazing” " said Kirk as he smooched her good before sending her on her way.


A few hours later-


The officers had put a watch on most of the suspect’s houses including Kirks, Agent Tom Harrison was sat his Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck on the stake out; watching and reporting on Kirks house. He had seen vehicles park up along the street as drivers and passengers proceeded to Kirks. Tom was about to call for a replacement so he could take a quick break for a bite to eat and release his bowels when he spotted someone in his rear view mirror, He went to grab the M9 pistol from the glove box all the while keeping his eyes locked on the character approaching the right side of his truck.

Taking the safety he watched as the character reached his window, the man was in his early twenties he had dark short back and sides with long side burns and a small goatee, he wasn't a large a man but the blank expression made Tom nervous and unsure of him. He tapped on the window as Tom got his gun ready, rolling down his electric window “Hey mister, you gonna be here long?” "“Excuse me?” replied Tom "“I said, are you gonna be here long?” " before replying he pulled out his badge showing it to the man "“I'm on official police business. Now get the hell out of here before I book you for obstructing police surveillance” "  “That’s what I thought” " scowled the man as he pointed behind Tom, as Tom looked around he heard the click of guns. There at his passenger window was another man similar to the one on his right, both were holding guns; a shot gun and a pistol. Bang bang bang went their guns, the first man opening the truck as he pushed a now dead Tom a side to the passenger seat. The man called to Lorris the man’s twin brother as he started up the truck "“Tell Kevin I’ll be back soon” " shouted Terry proceeding to drive off towards the forest located in the north west of town.


It took Terry no more than 3 hours to get back to the meeting; he had driven to a remote area of the forest not far from the Maluri River where it takes a sharp bend eastwards. This part of the forest had many bogs that would suck you in and take you slowly. Terry dumped the body making sure it sunk beyond visibility, he proceeded to set the car on fire then jogged to Cross-key’s bridge where he hailed down a lumber truck that was heading in to town.


Kevin had finished going over the ground works when Terry walked in. Kevin looked over at him and nodded; he responded by nodding back then walked to the kitchen to get himself a drink. Kevin walked over to Kirk and Lorris who were sat at the table next to the window that overlooked the front garden; they were sorting out the C4 -“Everything good?” " Asked Kevin - “Almost” " responded Kirk "“Good” " he replied as he walked away. Walking past Jon who was sat the on couch with Mac and Kolo he sat down, Jon was sorting his new gun belt out while cleaning his AR-15.223 calibre semi-automatic machine gun "“ Alright Kev” " Said Jon as the three looked up at him"“Alright guys. You ok?”- Asked Kevin to Jon-“yeah, yeah, totally pumped. You know me I can handle myself” " replied Jon confidently "“I know. I trust you, but I want you with me ok. I want you to have my back at all times” " “Ok bro, you can count on me”- “I know” " replied Kevin standing up and patting him on the shoulder as he walked to the kitchen.


“Hey buddy, how’d it go?” asked Kevin as he approached Terry, Terry looked up at him "“Hey Kev! Fine, it was as you suspected. Their keeping tabs on us, most likely got one on your house too” " “Yeah, we’re gonna to have to move fast. Once he hasn’t reported in for a while they’ll suspect something” " “True and if we’re caught out here it’s going be a s**t storm” " Kevin nodded in response while deep in thought, he grabbed himself a glass of water and proceeded to drink " “So what’s the plan?” " Asked an eager Terry. Kevin put his finger up gesturing one minute while he downed his water "“Ahh I needed that. Ok so, the plan is; four teams, team one are going to assault the station from the front, team two are going to go hit it from the back linking up with team one on the ground floor, while teams three and four are going to guard the street exits. You’re in team 2 with Kirk, your brother and Mac” " “strong team”- interrupted Terry, Kevin nodded "“Yep, anyway so Team one I’ll be taking Jon, Robbie and Kenny. Team three will have Tommy, Alice and Freya while team four will have Barry and Kolo” " “who?” asked Terry " “oh, their part of Tommy’s crew he’s trying to impress me I think”- “haha nailing your sister eh” Kevin didn't find it so funny as he gave Terry a blank stare "“I’m only messing” " passing it off Kevin carried on- “Anyway, so your job is to take any guard’s out on the fence and blow up the shutters to the back entrance, you’ll link up with us in at the reception ok?”-“Sounds simple enough” " responded Terry - “Good. Now get your gear together we’re moving out in an hour”.


The day had turned to dusk as the sunset giving off a low light, the group packed their gear in to the vehicles as Kevin stood on the porch watching the group Jon stood next to him "“Hey bro”- said Jon as he attempted to light his cigarette, Kevin looked at Jon who was struggling with his lighter "“mind if I have one? " He asked, Jon looked up surprised "“yeah sure”- he replied as he pulled out another cigarette eagerly.  Together they watched as they smoked their cigarettes in silence, deep in thought of what was to come. 



© 2013 Jake Dyson


Author's Note

Jake Dyson
Apologies for any grammar/ spelling mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on October 4, 2013
Last Updated on October 4, 2013


Author

Jake Dyson
Jake Dyson

North, England, United Kingdom



About
It's been many years since I made this account. I haven't written much for a long time but I find myself coming back every now and then. Thanks for stopping by. more..

Writing
Regrettable Regrettable

A Story by Jake Dyson


Seeing Seeing

A Poem by Jake Dyson