Sunset

Sunset

A Story by James Alton
"

Beauty in the End.

"

The hues of orange danced across the sky as dusk fell upon daylight. Yellows swung with red and mixed in a vibrant shower of warmth. The lights seemed almost endless in their frolics, but as time marched on, yellow faded tom orange, orange faded to red, and red became a majestic mural of blue and purples.

                They danced in a waltz of such beauty, entwined together in an eternal helix. Majesty and royalty hand in hand as the golden disk of the far setting sun beyond the horizon grew dimmer and dimmer. Now was the long night, as blue faded into its partner, so too did purples and violets sink lower and lower into the darkness which had waited the day through to claim this land once more.

                The old man watched, and as light faded from the world around him, he wept. His eyes had been blinded as a young man, but in his final hours he saw the beauty of the sunset at last.

© 2012 James Alton


Author's Note

James Alton
Not sure why I wrote this... but I did, so here!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short but lovely, and in the end, moving. A reason isn't really needed to write something like this, I don't believe.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012
Tags: Death, beauty, fading, color, dance, sun, light, darkness, age

Author

James Alton
James Alton

Schofield Barracks, HI



Writing
Starlight Starlight

A Story by James Alton


Planetfall Planetfall

A Story by James Alton