Grey Skies

Grey Skies

A Story by jamesiee
"

This is based on McFly's song "POV", and involving an abusive relationship. The lyrics are in the story, centered and italicized. The song is property to the band McFly and the story to me.

"

 

I’m getting tired of asking,

This is the final time

“I need a yes or no answer! Did you or did you not?” she shouted, the familiar prick of emotion behind her eyes. It seemed all she did these days were cry cause of him.

He looked at his feet, wondering if he should like or not. Lying every time the question was asked earlier had only gotten him deeper into his hellhole of lies he’d dug himself into. He had to stop before got trapped under the surface.

“Yeah,” He said, letting the word slip from his lips.

“Was it worth it?” Her question wasn’t unrealistic.

He weighed his options carefully before decided he was sick of it all and answered. He teared his eyes away from the floor and looked into the hazel eyes that her blonde hair was falling into.

“Yeah.”

 

So did I make you happy?

Because you cried an ocean

 

She flinched violently. The word cut through her like a knife to flesh. It hurt. She felt like her heart was running a marathon, beating so fast that she was positive it was trying to get in as many beats it could before it broke. She knew it had to hurry up if it wanted to get in a lifetime of beats before that happened. She could feel the crack begin to form.

 

And there’s a thousand lines

About the way you smile

 Written in my mind

 

She couldn’t believe that it wasn’t a dream. She tried pinching herself but she couldn’t move. Her lips were frozen so she couldn’t ask him to do it either. Her arms and legs didn’t do as her brain said but her eyes did. They made their way up his body and to his cold blue eyes. Why had she never noticed how cold they were before? Right, she had been memorized by his smile. But he wasn’t smiling now.

He was looking at her with those eyes, framed by those dammed long lashes, making his face beautiful. It looked better when he smiled though. When his mouth wasn’t turned up in a smile he was beautiful in a scary, inhuman way; like he was a carved statue, incapable of loving. It took all she had not to portray emotion on her face as she realized that his carefree smile would never be directed at her again.

 

But every single word’s a lie

 

“Get away from me!” she said, her voice surprisingly calm. His eyes widened and his mouth formed a perfect ‘O’.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you babe,” He whispered in a calm manner.

She stared at him through eyes that were once closed. Now they opened up and things fell into place. He had never given her any good reason for why he was out so late when he was home from tours. Hell, the only time they talked when they were on tours was when she called him. And she had always heard giggles in the background and he always bullshit her and say it was his band mates.

 

I never wanted anything to end this way

But you can take the bluest sky and turn it grey

 

“But you did,” She chocked out, giving into the tears. He scowled.

“Maybe if you hadn’t been so clingy I wouldn’t have had to do it,” He said, those eyes ice.

“I changed my whole life for you!” She cried, speaking the truth she knew.

 

I swore to you that I would do my best to change

But you said it don’t matter

 

“Did you really!?” He roared, a ferocious glint in his eye. She backed up, actually scared of who she once thought was a sweet guy. He had once been a sweetheart who couldn’t hurt a fly. But things change. She saw that now.

 

I’m looking at you from another point of view

I don’t know how the hell I fell in love with you

 

“Yeah, I did,” She said when she was at least an arm-and-a-half reach away. His jaw was clenched and his hands were balled up in fists; knuckles white. She had never seen him like that before and she was terrified. He was usually the one she went to when hell broke loose but she couldn’t this time. Pieces of her heart were in her throat as she watched the rise and fall of his heavy breathing. She felt sick. It was worse then any hangover, sickness, injury, or any type of pain she had ever been through. It was her world being shattered; her heart breaking.

 

I’d never wish for anyone to feel the way

I do

 

His face was now a deep red and he was shaking. He was mad, madder then she’d ever seen him. All because of her.

 

Is this a sign from heaven?

Showing me the light,

Was this supposed to happen?

 

She backed up even more and those small movements made him react aggressively. He grabbed the nearest thing to him, a picture frame, and threw it to the ground. She looked at the broken remains and the picture that had been in the frame. It was an old picture. One of her and her friend’s before he had come along. He had shattered her world just as he shattered the frame.

Something clicked; she didn’t need him. She had been a better person, a happier person without him.

 

I’m better off without you,

So you can leave tonight

 

“Get out,” She said in a deathly calm voice. He realized what she was getting at and his expression softened. He flashed her that jaw-dropping smile. But she didn’t take back what she said.

“Oh sweetie,” He said. “I’m so sorry.”

She didn’t believe him. She had no reason to believe him. Her eyes had been opened; he didn’t want her. He wanted to control her.

 

And don’t you dare come back and

Try to make things right

Cause I’ll be ready for a fight!

 

“GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!” she screamed, not buying into his act. He looked surprised at that.

“Baby…” He said, in a seductive tone, reaching a hand out towards her. she slapped it away.

“Leave. I want nothing to do with you anymore,” She said. Hazel eyes met blue eyes squarely. His hand froze in mid-air, where it was trying to reach out to her again, before snaking back.

“Fine. I don’t want to be here anyways,” He mumbled. His words didn’t hurt and she felt a weight lift off her shoulders as she let him walk out of her life.

 

I never wanted anything to end this way

But you can take the bluest sky and turn it grey

I swore to you that I would do my best to change

But you said it don’t matter

I’m looking at you from another point of view

I don’t know how the hell I fell in love with you

I’d never wish for anyone to feel the way

I do…

© 2009 jamesiee


Author's Note

jamesiee
what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for entering it in my contest, it's really good!

Posted 14 Years Ago


hmm, life goes like that :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2009

Author

jamesiee
jamesiee

Calgary, Canada



Writing
You You

A Story by jamesiee


One Name One Name

A Story by jamesiee


Turbulence Turbulence

A Story by jamesiee