The Emperor's Finest: Chapter 1, Brother-Sergeant Rastor Dex's Log

The Emperor's Finest: Chapter 1, Brother-Sergeant Rastor Dex's Log

A Story by Anthony James Tan Yatar
"

A fan-fiction dedicated to W40K, nothing fancy plus it deviates from cannon a lil'. I prefer battles in a massive scale technically wars. I might make a history-based story in the near-future so....

"

++++ The Emperor’s Finest ++++

+++ Personal Log +++

++ 4th Company, Ultramarines Chapter ++

+ Brother-Sergeant Rastor Dex +

+ [CLASSIFIED DATE].M41 +

 

The 4th Company has been assigned on an Inquisition-based mission along with a handful of Deathwatch Astartes and a squad of Grey-Knights. The caliber of the Chapters requisitioned for this task suggests a task that is even out the league of a normal Astartes. Our company was to rendezvous on the sector of a secluded planet named Tenzo Gest. The company’s been briefed already on the situation at hand. It is reported that the planet is ravaged by an infamous Chaos Cult called the “Materium’s Plight”. What’s terrifying is that they have corrupted the entire planet and what’s left are a few regiments of Guardsmen still loyal to the God-Emperor. The reason why they had to muster a force this powerful as ours is caused by the faint reports of the Cult attempting to summon a Chaos Warband possessing a Daemon Prince as its leader which explained the contingent of Grey-Knights.

 

The Captain commanding the company has had his share of battles but never been called out for a mission of this caliber. But even then, the Captain is ready to do the duty that was intrust upon him. The plan was to attack the enemy at multiple fronts simultaneously. This was nigh impossible unless the Gun Batteries placed strategically on the planet which purpose was to stop or at least hinder most invaders from succeeding was destroyed or somehow disabled. To solve this problem, the Captain proposed a plan that would give way a large risk if it were to fail but if it were to succeed, it will disable the Gun Batteries in a matter of hours. The plan was simple with some variations: Tactical Marines will deep-strike from space unto the position nearby the defenders tasked in holding the guns. After our Battle-Brothers on the ground mopped up the heretics, they will assemble a ring of sorts around the position they deep-strike on. This will provide the necessary front for the remaining Battle-Brothers in space to strike from and reinforce the forces on the ground.

 

As we clear the way for the Techmarines, an ominous noise sounding alike as a battered version of Drop-Pods, screeching as it tears through the sky. This halted our advance as our lost damned brothers step out from their Drop-Pods taking on the very scheme of the Traitor Legion of the World-Eaters. This was not expected but reports indicated that the Cult called out to the Warp that ‘Fresh meat is ready to be served to the Dark Gods’ and the first to answer was the World-Eaters themselves.

 

This proved troublesome considering we haven’t expected an incursion this early in the campaign. The battle was fierce. We were able to take pot-shots at the incoming Berserkers before they can do their grueling task up close. Even when half of them were already taken down, they still inflicted twice the casualties on our line. As they’re subdued, Warp-portals suddenly opened to replace its losses with Bloodletters, daemons that is the epitome of Ancient Terra’s version of mythical creatures, horned humanoids with cloven hooves - Just like the Khorne Berserkers of the World-Eaters, they are an expert in close-combat.


Their warped-blades easily sliced through our Battle-Brothers with no remorse at all, expecting no less from a daemon of the Warp. I can still see images of the fallen of that fight, the field littered with both heretics, daemons and allies alike. We managed to hold our ground against the myriad of forces but we had to fall back for if that line were to fall, our brothers' sacrifice would go to waste.  We retreated to our last line righteously dubbed as "The Ring of the Fallen". Everything was quite for the field was covered in an eerie fog that one cannot fathom it's origin. No visual contact can be made between the enemy at all. Unknowingly, they were prepared to strike with such force, we requisitioned the help of a Deathwatch squad to even the tides. Within our ranks, we possessed some elements of the 4th Company, a single regiment named "The 1st Dauntless Gest" led by Commissar Brill and an en-route Deathwatch squad. After countless minutes which seemed like hours passed away, a daemonic screech can be heard from afar. We readied ourselves and may we be damned by the Emperor if we were to fail.



+TO BE CONTINUED+

© 2012 Anthony James Tan Yatar


Author's Note

Anthony James Tan Yatar
Would like some constructive criticism excluding some matters involving the inaccuracy of my story based on W40K. Also, if you see any grammar mistakes at all, please inform me about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Anthony James Tan Yatar
Anthony James Tan Yatar

Kalibo, Aklan, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
As you can already guess from my profile picture. I'm a 'big' fan of W40K. That may be an arguable point but yeah. Other than that, I'm interested in writing stories mostly about the cruelties of war... more..