Heart Broken...

Heart Broken...

A Poem by Jamestown
"

Passed Away...

"
Heart Broken...

My heart is broken,
My thoughts are ambushed with
overloaded emotions and guilt.

I need gorilla grip to hold it together
and a steel shield to block the onslaught
of overwhelming painful thoughts.

I want to turn back time to fix what is broken,
unfortunately life doesn't work that way and the
damage is done.

Time goes on, while I stand still dwelling in pain.
I am on the brink of chaos!!!

I want to die in the arms of the lord,
like my little brother died in mine.

I was never there when he needed me
and this time was no different.

I was never his hero,
instead he was mine.

Cal-gone take me away,
I'm in extreme pain and the guilt is tearing me
apart, like a pack of wolves feasting on there prey.

I am angry,
I have yet again failed him,
I am lonely,
I am miserable,
I am dying inside,
I am heart broken!

© 2016 Jamestown


Author's Note

Jamestown
My brother passed away 5/20/16
R.I.P GRW I♥U!!!
All glory to God...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm so sorry for your lost, though, I know you may have heard it a lot... You know, my twin sibling died years ago. So young and the death was unexpected. Because we were identical, I felt as if half of my soul had perished as well. Well, technically that would be right... But, I understand how that lingering pain can just eat away more and more until there is nothing but hollowness. I don't even know why I moved on. Yet, it is these types of things that ought to make us stronger. Of course there is guilt, but we cannot hold on to the past. They are nothing but burdens. We have a choice whether to become destroyed by our circumstances or let it refine us so that we can lead much better, joyful lives. No matter how broken you get, Just remember that the Lord knows your pain.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and your kind words, b-blessed!



Reviews

its a heart touching poetry

Posted 7 Years Ago


I give you my condolences. You write of a situation that is not easy to come to terms with. But I do believe wherever he is, he understands your heart better than you do. Where he has gone there is no more hurt, nor anger or worry. This is just my belief.

Poetry is for sharing your thoughts to whomever will listen. I can see many have and I am one of them. I wish you peace.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and your kind words, b-blessed!
Jesus this hurt to read. I know this feeling My son in law killed himself a couple years ago and the news hit me like a ton of bricks knocking me off my center. What could i have done? This is something that will be with you for a long time. Id like to say it will go away I dont think it will. We will have to live and learn and try to do better as we go. I dont know why listening to this helps me ? Maybe it will help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9SHEzAqFk8#t=23

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your brother. There are times when writing helps to voice our pain, sadness and sorrow. May God comfort you and yours in this time of great sorrow.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and your kind words, b-blessed!
I deeply apologize for your loss! I know it can be hard, but the most important thing is to not blame yourself for what happened. Life is life, people die & it must teach us to move on. Only the great ones die early while we were meant to live on. I know it can't be easy...but his soul is resting peacefully in the heavens above, watching over you everyday. I lost my grandparents when I just entered highschool & what helped me get through it was when I looked at the sky, I could talk to them. Knowing their spirits would be up there, listening to me. Whenever I get lonely, I go outside and talk to them in the sky, updating them on my day or where I am in life. It's not going to get any easier if you keep blaming yourself, so take some time for yourself & relax. Thank him for everything good he's done for you, all the times you shared together. Just remember that he will always be there when you need him most. My condolences to you & your family in this time of loss. I'm always here if you want someone to talk to. Be blessed & don't forget that his spirit is resting in the sky for you if ever you wish to talk to him! I hope this helped...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and your kind words, b-blessed!
This one sang loud and pierced the soul. I am sorry for your loss.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
Wow. I can tell that you poured your heart out in this one. I could feel the pain in your words. Great work.

-William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
This was very emotional and creative loved it

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
I have no words to describe how much pain you are going through. I once went through the same thing myself, but I am not going to even say more because it is to painful speak it.

The way you presented your emotions in poem form means no bounds. Everything you write is so powerful that I can only admire it for what it is.

So 10/10

I will be praying for you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jamestown

7 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and your kind words, b-blessed!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1934 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on May 31, 2016

Author

Jamestown
Jamestown

Denver, CO



About
Fun, spontaneous, outgoing, God fearing man. Enjoy reading and have a passion to write. PTL. ... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic