why I write

why I write

A Story by Firemay
"

Why i write

"

It’s sad how so many people on this site have had a rough life, in one way or another. But I guess that the hard truth is that usually the people who had it bad are the ones that need to write in order to feel whole.

I know that for me, writing is what gets me through the day because let’s face it, I can’t really talk to everyone about what I’m thinking, they’ll think I’m absolutely bonkers.

I don’t talk to my friends about writing because they won’t get it. 

I write so I don’t let the monsters get out by themselves. 

I write so that my mind doesn’t over think and flow. 

I write to escape reality. 

 Almost all the people I know who write, write, whether it’s in order to escape life, to write down thoughts or to just have a friend that can understand your pain. 

© 2016 Firemay


Author's Note

Firemay
Why do you write? What makes you so passionate about it ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I write because I can and it is a way of whiling away time, usually, whilst the family is sleeping :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


I do the same.
"I write so I don’t let the monsters get out by themselves.
I write so that my mind doesn’t over think and flow.
I write to escape reality.
Almost all the people I know who write, write, whether it’s in order to escape life, to write down thoughts or to just have a friend that can understand your pain. "
Reading and writing is my peace. Good story and tale can take us to better place. Thank you for sharing the amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Peace is hard to come around these days. I am happy you found yours.
thank you.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I got old. I learn to need and want less. Being young. Need to test life and have some fun.
Very beautiful write but you need to structure this better it looks like one big paragraph which does not do it justice to the beauty of its words

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raylene

7 Years Ago

To release my imagination and my feelings to bring my passion into the light
Firemay

7 Years Ago

That's beautiful!
Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you I study medicine yet inside I'm a artist I hope to see more out of you and you can read my.. read more
Very true. Writing helps us to say and release those thoughts that would otherwise affect our health if we leave them bottled inside.
Sometimes the love of a person is so great that it flows out through the ink of your pen in the form of a beautiful poem.
At times you are really letting out your pain and writing it down, not with ink but with your blood and tears.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you!.
I totalky agree and by the wat that was very poetic.
All of your thoughts ring very true to me. There are a lot of sad and even disturbing works on this site written by people who have undergone terrible pain. We're all broken, and some of us are particularly so. I like the way you talk about letting out the monsters and keeping your mind from overthinking and overflowing. I can definitely relate to that. :) Thanks for your openness in sharing why you write. It is inspiring.

Why I write... I love to do so. I think it's one of my talents, and that the ability to write well is a gift I've been given by God. I hope to touch other people's lives in a positive way through what I write, and through reading and reviewing their work, too. I hope that the feedback I give people helps them to gain confidence in themselves and see the value of what they have created. I write because I think too much and react overemotionally to many things. Whereas others seem to be able to brush things off easily (at least, from what I see), I get stuck on things and can't stop thinking about them. Writing it out helps me to express what exactly is going through my head and maintain my sanity (somewhat). I love creating beautiful worlds, events, and characters through writing. It's like painting with words (wow, sorry for how dumb/cliché that sounds - but seriously, it's true.) Oftentimes every word or sentence is a struggle in terms of getting it just right, but the result is incredibly satisfying. And sometimes it's just fun to be whimsical and weird, or dark and intense, or scathingly sarcastic... lots of different things. :) I love the whole process.

Thank you for inviting me to share my thoughts on this. Keep up the great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

being broken, unfortunately, is what makes us writes because even though we write from our imaginat.. read more
To answer to your author's note, I write because I believe my happiness lies in writing, I write because it makes me realize that there is frnd or a place where I can share my thoughts and mind and who will listen to me without arguing about anything... I write because I love doing it...

Your story hits home, I think most of us writers are connected together in this matter, we love writing and we write to escape reality or to get away from our pain... You did an absolute perfect presentation to express your thoughts on writing and also triggered a thought provoking feel to the readers about why do they write... Clappings!!!

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!
this really made sense and is very true..we writers do have something dug deep inside, something we can't express by mouth..we rather need a pen and paper and just spill it all out. Thank you for such a great paragraph. I write because it's my way as getting through the day as well..something i can call my comfort zone and way of being happy and letting it all out.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

I tend to think that writers talk and think through their pen, that's why it's easier for us to writ.. read more
I think this is something that everyone on here can relate too. Everyone writes for one reason or another and I think you put your reason into words beautifully here.
Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
Wow, that's quite an honest story. I can relate to how you feel though, it's sometimes the easiest to just write something than to talk about it.

To answer your question in the Author's Note, I also write to get my thoughts out and process emotions. But most of all, I write to escape reality. I'm fairly sure I would be severely depressed by now if I hadn't discovered writing a year ago. As you know, I have a chronic illness that I've been suffering from for the last 2,5 years. While at times it feels like I've lost grip on my life, it is wonderful to escape into a world of your own creation, where you are in total control of everything. I think that's the thing that kept me sane through all this. Well, that and the support of all the amazing writers I met on here, which I would also have never got to know if I didn't start writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Firemay

7 Years Ago

Escaping the reality we live in is one of the most important reasons why we write.  Like i said mos.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2016
Last Updated on June 19, 2016
Tags: write, why, i, people, monsters, let, me, be, myself, escape, reality

Author

Firemay
Firemay

Israel



About
Hey, I'm 22 years old. My writing is everything for me, if it's in my mind, it's on a page. My hobbies are dancing, writing, reading, painting and photography. And that's me. more..

Writing
Wars Wars

A Poem by Firemay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


What Next? What Next?

A Poem by Alias


Sunsets Sunsets

A Poem by Oliver Free


Mocha Aura Mocha Aura

A Poem by Nadia_2