Targus Notebook Portable LapDesk, PA243U review

Targus Notebook Portable LapDesk, PA243U review

A Story by Jarod Lojeck
"

A review of an invaluable laptop accessory from Targus.

"

 

Targus Notebook Portable LapDesk, PA243U

 

 

Review by:

Jarod Lojeck

 

 

I love to write, and often spend long periods at my keyboard typing away the latest story my muse has bestowed on me. Writing is a joy for me, but an uncomfortable work environment can quickly turn this joy into a chore. If, like me, you do most of your writing from a laptop the Targus Notebook Portable LapDesk (Item #:PA243U) can be a wonderful accessory to have, and at under $30 there's little reason not to.

 

The Lapdesk is a simple gray plastic plate with two hinges in the middle, and slots along both halves. It has a folding tab that is used to adjust the angle of the keyboard when folded. Rubber pads act as feet, and as friction holders for the bottom of your laptop. The Lapdesk is sturdy, and stable when is use in either the folded, or flat configuration.

 

When laid flat the Lapdesk can be used to simply elevate the base of your laptop and improve air circulation. This can be done to extend battery life (less need for the fans to run) or to save you lap from heat when using your computer without a desk. It helps increase stability on slippery tables, and saves your computer from the accidental coffee spills that are all too common.

 

  

 

By folding the Lapdesk and placing the elevation tab at the desired height you can take your laptop keyboard from the normal flat position, and increase it's angle for ergonomics and comfort. This is by far my favorite feature of the Lapdesk as it makes my keyboard much more comfortable to use, and elevates my screen to a more natural height. I don't have to crane my neck, or lean way over my laptop to see the screen properly.

 

 

 

The Lapdesk is light weight, and when folded in half it easily fits in your Laptop bag for easy transporting. There's little reason to not have it with you on business or pleasure trips, or just for a trip to the coffee house for a writing session. The Lapdesk can take the strain out of writing, and let your muse flow freely without discomfort.

 

© 2008 Jarod Lojeck


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
Added on July 7, 2008