Alpha and Omega (A Horror Story)

Alpha and Omega (A Horror Story)

A Story by NightShade

My inky silhouette stretches across the chaotic void; an almost discernible form. Senses reeling at the amorphous cloud of my existence--- I panic! I need LIGHT! -- Or darkness, I care not which, I tell myself.


And Oh! Glorious sound sculptures unfold as I receive each in abundance. A multitude of dualities rush simultaneously across a newly created 5-dimensional scape of space, time and ultimately, my consciousness.


I'm staggered. Overwhelmed, but pleased with these unexpected events defining reality. Defining myself. I AM truly a pleased progenitor. So, like any Chthonic Deity, I sleep and dream the myths of my conceptual children.


Suddenly, I awaken like Sleeping Shiva to end creation!


I void my wastes in a black hole (You can see why there are no naked singularities, eh?) I hunger... So I shift through the cosmos in search of a meal to sustain my Godlike form. I decide on a relatively average galaxy to pick and choose the fruits of ambrosia from. I bat away a tiny sun like an annoying plaything and pluck the tender, juicy morsel with the most nutrients, from it's 3rd place orbit.


While rubbing this tasty snack over my chest to cleanse it, I imagine it's core melting in my mouth. I take a bite... HEAVENLY!


With my hunger sated, I allow my thoughts to wander toward vaguely disturbing questions like: Who is Sleeping Shiva anyway? Why did I hunger? And: how did I, The CREATOR of this universe, come into being in the first place?


Seemingly from nowhere, I'm grabbed by the scruff of my Divine neck and catapulted beyond the borders of the universe!


Hold on!! Wait a minute!!! Boundaries?!?


I realize that all of my questions have been answered as the last things I witness are:

Lips...

Teeth...

Tongue...

Blackness...

© 2011 NightShade


Author's Note

NightShade
This piece has always eluded my feeble attempts to classify it. I've done this as spoken word but I originally wrote it because a charming friend said "Tell me a story." So I did...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

snack time for the gods

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have to say this is written wonderfully. The use of words and defining manner therefore create a very vivid picture that catches the reader and sends them into a different world.

The thought process of this 'God' is very unique; Capturing the thoughts and feelings of something greater, older, wiser than ourselves is a very hard thing to do, but you make it look easy.

The end is defiantly my favorite though. A divine creator thinking he is at the top of the food chain, that he is untouchable, the all creator and all that, then suddenly he comes to find that his fate is as controlled and no more of importance than those that he created himself.

So much irony, I loved it. Very well done; Beautiful in its darkness.

Vinny~

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very well written. I really think you did a really nice job on this piece. It was dark and questioning. It left me thinking in the end. I really love this story. Thanks for sharing. :D


Posted 13 Years Ago


this is really good, dark and questioning...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011

Author

NightShade
NightShade

Los Angeles, CA



About
Rather than go on about myself, I think that I'll just post some of my work and THEN you'll know me a bit better, eh? more..

Writing