Thinking?

Thinking?

A Poem by Jas_I_M

Half of your life was spent in food snoars and drinking !
the other half of it , you wasted in thinking

I am gonna do this or do that
I am gonna grow strong or burn fat !
I wish to fly high or swim in !
I will study hard or won't win

life passed away in a moment of blink
what am i saying here?
Please dont think

i wana live in a penthouse and meet brad Pitt
aww
you stay in 2BHK now ! too big to fit !

drive Mercedes home and rest in your pool !
you repair trucks now with same old tool !

order your favourite pastas! show em credit card!
chicks call you waiter now
life is so hard

now stop thinking !
you thought enough
roll up your emotions
light it for a puff !

time is money
And
you don't have any !
your life is still sinking
you better stop thinking

© 2014 Jas_I_M


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh I love this. This caught my attention. A lot of people day dream too much and often wrap themselves in the pool of the fame and attention they see that celebrities get. To be frank, all the money and attention would be nice..but most of those people don't have a nice heart or don't have enough TIME for those that they need the most. I agree that these daydreamers need to stop dreaming and float back to reality. It's nice to dream every once in awhile but all of the time sets our mind in another setting. Great write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a pleasure to read and there really is truth in your words.
Often we get stuck over-thinking, over-analyzing, when we should be jumping to it and correcting ourselves along the way as required.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a great poem, there's plenty to digest and I read you as an author behind the work, which is important, so great job there. I do think there may be parts that could be made clearer though, in either wording or punctuation. A nice little tip I might suggest is to read each part out exactly the way you want it to be read. And then take note of all the little emphasises you add, then convey that in the edit.

Overall though, it's good and you have a lot of potential! Hope this helps :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hah! I absolutely loved this line . . .
"you repair trucks now with same old tool !"

For the most part this poem could have been written by me. I spent two lost decades looking for what I already had and was too stupid to realize it. Great poetry!

Posted 9 Years Ago


awesome. very well written. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


awesome. Thinking puts up null result. Its what we do that defines us. "time is money and you don't have any". Punch in the face right away.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I'm positive everyone in the world will find this relatable somehow. You did very well in expressing our thought process. Our mind can be such a hassle to deal with for most of our days, ironically.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jas_I_M

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review ! Glad you liked it !
Enthusiastic, upbeat, yet, speaking of human psychological and material degradation. Reminds me of pink floyd with the you's and also kinda reminds me of their hit "money".

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow I really liked this, reminds me of my own writing. Good stuff

Posted 9 Years Ago


So here is a perfect example of daydreaming, procrastination, and holding yourself back from living.

Time will wait for no one, and certainly not for the daydreamer. You did an amazing job at capturing that, too. Wonderful job! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jas_I_M

9 Years Ago

Thanks Chris ! Means a lot
Looking forward to learn from you :)
God bless
I love this; dreamers... We are all dreamers of sorts; plans to embrace what at times we think is impossible. The interesting thing about life is that nothing is impossible, we just have to try. We may not be there first try or ever at all, but it will definitely take us beyond where we are now orwhat we ever dreamed... Thanks for sharing~*

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

903 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014

Author

Jas_I_M
Jas_I_M

India



Writing
Friends Friends

A Poem by Jas_I_M


Girl Girl

A Poem by Jas_I_M