Darkling/Tenebris POV

Darkling/Tenebris POV

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Jay and Darkling start their journey to their new lives in the mountains.

"

“Where did you say our new HQ was?” I ask.

“In the mountains,” Jay replies. She’s driving, and we’re on the highway headed into a mountain range.

“Well, duh, but where in the mountains?”

“You’ll see when we get there,” she says teasingly. “Be patient.”

“Fine…” I lean my seat back and stare out the passenger side window. The view is spectacular, and as we come around a bend on a road hugging the mountainside I can see a forest valley, full of green trees. When I look up at the peaks, the tops hide in the clouds, and I think I can see snow.

“Beautiful, huh?” Jay notices. “I’ve always loved the mountains.”

“It’s so… big,” I say, staring out the window.

“Yeah,” she sighs. “Really puts things into perspective, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah,” I agree, still trying to find the mountain peaks in the clouds.

--Time Lapse: 3 hours--

We pull off of the main road just after passing a sizable mountain city called Newhalem, and Jay drives us up a long gravel road. I peer into the forest that surrounds us, trees making a canopy fifty feet above us. When we reach the end of the driveway, I see a small wood cabin that looks meticulously clean. Jay parks under a conveniently placed rocky overhang and we climb out of the car. Pulling a set of keys out of her pocket, my fiance (oh wow, that’s strange to think about) unlocks the door and opens it. We step inside the cabin.

“Woah,” I gasp. They place is spotless! There’s already furniture and everything. I immediately gravitate to the kitchen and start opening cupboards and drawers. Jay really put a lot of thought into this. I make sure that there’s all the supplies I need for cooking before lugging my suitcase into the back room. There are three bedrooms, and Jay and I have agreed that until we’re married we’ll sleep in separate rooms.

“You all settled in?” Jay asks when I come back out into the living room.

“Yep. You?”

“Yeah.”

I sit down on the couch next to her. We sit in silence for a moment. Then, Jay breaks the silence.

“Besides being heroes… what are we going to do? For another job?” She asks.

“I don’t know. Hey,” I realize, “we can both sing and play instruments. We could be musicians,” I suggest.

“That’s a good idea, I never would’ve thought of that,” Jay compliments. “Oh, and we’d have to go by our real names here, alright?”

“Alright. I mean, we can’t have anyone thinking we’re evil.” I pause. “We’re not, right?”

Jay sighs. “I don’t know anymore. All I know is that we’re trying to do something good for a change.”



© 2017 Jay_Bluefire


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017
Tags: Ice and Shadow, Jay, Darkling


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire