Ava POV

Ava POV

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Manipulator reveals more than he has right to. That's all I'm going to say.

"

[Ava POV Detected]


“What are you doing here?” Tenebris asks coldly. I stare at the unidentified man fiddling with what looks like a tiny helicopter.

“What, I can’t visit my family?” The man drawls. There’s something about his voice that makes me shiver. Jules steps forwards.

“You aren’t welcome here,” she says, practically growling.

“Does it look like I care?” He asks bluntly. She blinks.

“That’s besides the point. You’re in our house, uninvited, so get. Out.” Tenebris orders. The man laughs.

“Trying to boss around your own father. Comical,” he replies. This man… is Tenebris’ father? I can see the resemblance, but didn’t Tenebris say that his parents were dead?

“What is going on here?” I ask, directing my question at Jules and Tenebris.

“We might not have been - entirely - truthful about our past,” Tenebris admits. “Although, I did think that he was dead,” he says, pointing at the man.

“He’ll wish he was,” Jules threatens. I’ve never seen this side of her before. I take a step back. “What did you take?” Jules continues. “I know you took something. Where is it?”

“They don’t know who you really are?” The man asks, ignoring Jules’ question. “They don’t know the names you went by for so long?”

“No,” Tenebris says shortly. “Though after this, we’ll have to tell them.” He glances at me and Emilio. “We’re sorry. We didn’t want our past actions to follow us here, we thought it best to say as little as possible.”

“Just tell the truth,” Emilio responds, “when you decide to tell us.” Tenebris nods, then turns back to the man.

“Get out of here, you aren’t wanted here, Manipulator.” Both Emilio and I flinch at the name. Even up in the mountains we’ve heard about Manipulator. But he’d been killed by his older son, Darknight, in a battle… or so everyone thought. I don’t know what to think now.

“Um, didn’t Darknight kill you?” Jules asks, voicing my thoughts.

“That’s what he said,” Tenebris replies. “I guess he was wrong.”

“Who is Darknight to you?” Emilio asks, confused as I am.

“My brother,” Tenebris sighs. “He’s my older brother.”

“Your… Darkling,” I gasp. Tenebris nods. The two darkness-wielding brothers are famous, even in the most remote places, for being villains. Though… I haven’t heard much of Darkling lately…

“Which means you’re Jay,” Emilio works out, gesturing at Jules.

“Yes,” Jules agrees.

“Wow, that took you a long time,” Manipulator says. “Well, I’ll be going then.”

“Not so fast,” Jules, or Jay, I guess, replies. “You still need to return what you’ve stolen.”

“Since when did you turn hero?” Manipulator wonders. “You’ll always be villains, no matter what you do, remember that,” he continues before she can reply. Then he disappears. Emilio gasps. I stare numbly at the spot he was standing. Tenebris - Darkling - curses.

Then the lights go out.


[Ava POV End]



© 2017 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you should have described what Manipulator looks like, just to give people a better picture of him.
Do you remember what he looks like?

Posted 6 Years Ago


JAY IS BACK IN BUSINESS
the "your... should be "you're...
Darkling! watch your language!
I like it!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017
Tags: Ice and Shadow, Jay, Darkling, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire