Jules POV - New Discoveries

Jules POV - New Discoveries

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a while =) But Jules finds a new device that could be useful in the future...

"

[Jules POV Detected]


“Mom! Mom, come on, you need to see this!” Renee races into the room, her superspeed wind-trail throwing papers into the air. Kyle and Liam wait at the door.

“Renee! You know we’re not allowed in Mom and Dad’s office,” Liam says.

“This is a special circumstance,” Renee informs.

“It’s not one of your books, Renee,” Kyle snorts.

“I learn more from books than you can fit in your tiny brain,” Renee snaps.

“That’s enough, you three.” I shut my computer and start picking up the papers that fell on the floor. “What is it you wanted to show me?”

“In the backyard,” Renee replies. “We’re not sure what it is.” I set the stack of papers on a desk and follow the triplets out back. About an acre of forest is backed by the rising mountains. No fences needed. Partway through the woods, Renee points to a hollow tree that appears to have something in it. A gleam of metal catches my eye as I look in side. What’s this? A cube? Sitting in the hollow of the tree is a small silvery cube with white lines sketched across it, sort of like one of those puzzle where you have to get to the other side. The cube [3” by 3”, unrusted metal, most likely some sort of titanium or aluminum] seems to be a sort of device, what exactly I’m not sure.

I reach in and pick it up, pulling it out of the hollow. Stepping away from the tree, I examine the cube furthur, flipping it in my hands. The white designs are the same on every side of the cube. Suddenly, when all the fingers of one hand are touching the cube, it flares with red light and heat. With a startled yelp, I drop it, shaking out my hand. Glancing at the cube, I see that there are now five fingerprints. My fingerprints, where I held the cube. The prints flash, then vanish. I carefully pick up the cube again, but it seems to have taken the information it needed. The white lines begin to pulse in the same blue color of my power-source. The same color my eyes glow when I use my power too much.

It pulses in time to my heartbeat.


“But what is it?” Tenebris asks for what seems like the millionth time [technically the 26th time]. He picks up the cube, but nothing happens. He sets it down. When I pick it up again, the blue pulsing light returns.

“I don’t know,” I start to say, but the cube warms a little in my hand. Labyrinthian Computerized Cube. “It’s a Labyrinthian Computerized Cube,” I blurt. Then I blink. Where did that information come from? I stare at the cube, pulsing in my hand. On a whim, I twist the top half, then set it on the desk. The light flashes twice, and the cube folds out with a metallic clanking similar to when I unfold my silver wings. When it stops, a laptop the same silvery color of the cube sits in front of me, with the keys the same white of the maze-like lines. Tentatively, I place a finger on a key. The keyboard lights up in the pulsing blue. The screen is open to a Google Doc. As I watch, words begin appearing on the screen.


Hello. I am the Labyrinthian Computerized Cube. And you have been selected.


[Jules POV End]



© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A Google doc? How original lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


Finally!!
And great writing, I love it.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2018
Last Updated on March 24, 2018
Tags: Shards, Ice and Shadow, Descendants, Jules, Jay, Darkling, Tenebris


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire