His Heart

His Heart

A Story by Jason

Love is kind. A force so strong that even the bravest can not stand to up to it. He knew this to be true. As he held her in his arms, he felt the energy moving through him. He watched as the lining of her shirt rose gently off her chest as she breathed. A single tear made its spiral crawl towards her cheek. He felt whole with her, a single being trapped in the heart and mind of another. Love is patient. Knowing for so long that he’d loved her and being unable to speak of it. Love is not judging. No one wanted them together. For years they shot down even the slightest hint of it. Her hand then pushed his for a moment. She was waking. He knew not what to say or how to say it, but his heart knew all to well how he felt for her. He took her in his arms, holding her close as the light came upon her face. Her eyes, he thought to himself; were fields of diamonds lost in the bitter cold of winter. He once had thought of her as an angel, sent from god to save him from the failures of his life. But now he knew she was simply just a girl. One who had stolen his heart and nurtured him back from death. Love is caring. He knew that even if they were to part, that his love would remain at bay and comfort him through the times of endless fear and loneliness. Now was the time for his love. Her time was short and loves malice had taken its final blow. She smiled up at him, holding him for her final moments. She went to speak but could not find the words. He silenced her with a finger and placed her hand over his trembling heart.
         “My love is kind, patient, un judging, and caring. It demands nothing of you, only that you too understand its meaning. Love comes briefly when it’s needed and for me it has always been. You saved me from a life of shadows, fear, and hopelessness. I do not know how to thank you enough for loving me. All I can say is that I love you, and will remain with you always, even in death.” As the final words left his lips she fell cold in his arms and passed away. “Love is forever” he whispered “and forever is love.”

© 2009 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice, really enjoyed reading this,
“Love is forever” he whispered “and forever is love.” --> beautiful closing line

overall, this is written very well..it held great imagery and really made me lost within the words you've written here. loved your descriptions and your overall definition of love.
good job


Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this, it's very touching and warm. I liked that last paragraph the begining of it. this is wonderful

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2009

Author

Jason
Jason

Columbia, MO



About
Well to begin i would have to start with where I'm from. I live in Columbia Missouri and have for a majority of my life. I am currently going to college but have mix feeling about what it is i w.. more..

Writing
The Camel The Camel

A Story by Jason


Beneath its Skin Beneath its Skin

A Story by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan