Before it all began

Before it all began

A Chapter by Jazmin-Monae
"

This is the back story of Ella-Marie and Sindri Cornelius. *Still under construction.*

"
There she sat, her silken ebony locks flowing down her back like a black waterfall. The soft hum leaving her lips in a hypnotizing melody drawing the red haired male from his spot behind the tree. She had no idea he had followed her to her sacred place. A place where she and her older brother would sneak off to just to escape the pain of the days labor. The song was a familiar one, one that he had taught her. 

His rich vocals began to vibrate in a low harmony to her humming, he just couldn't hide as he always had anymore. He needed her to know he was there, needed her to know who he was. When her big grey orbs with a look full of surprise in them landed on him he gave a sheepish dimpled grin and wave. What do I do now? I hadn't thought this far ahead… He thought to himself in a slight panic. 

“Sindri? Is that you?” Her voice was still as soft as rose petals floating atop a still pond. It seemed the only thing that had changed was her height and her age. “Sindri it’s been so long! I've missed you, and I have many new stories for you!” Her sweet voice-box rang. The recognition in those bright grey eyes made his heart beat ten times faster than it should have. And oh how her smile lit up the meadow brighter than the sun. 

His usual corky dimpled grin gracing an almost glowing face as his wings shuffled against his back. “I’m surprised you remember me and the promise we made so many years ago Ella-Marie.” Sindri spoke after a few moments. His voice though just a whisper echoed through the small meadow, sounding like a trickling stream. He took a small step toward her only beginning to close the large gap that had been between them. “You’re turning nineteen tomorrow, aren’t you?” He asked slightly tilting his head, his shaggy red locks moving with him. 

Ella-Marie smiled and shook her head at her old friend, he always had the same reaction each new time they met. It was a game he loved to play just to get her to be close and continue to make him the same promise. It was a game that she loved. “Yes my dear friend, I shall be nineteen tomorrow. I’m sorry I haven’t come to see you in a while, I haven’t…I haven’t really been in the country. Which is why I have plenty of new stories for you.” Her voice was a soft whisper as she was beginning to get nervous as she always did when Sindri came close to her. As she spoke he was closing the distance between them one step at a time. She could tell he was excited too because the wings with such intricate designs on his back shuffled with each move he made. “And please remember to just call me Ella, Sindri.” She added with a sweet giggle. 

“Stories? I do love your stories Ella-Marie.” He told her as the space between them had finally shortened to an arms length apart. His voice still echoing through the small meadow in a gentle whisper, a small lilt of a French accent. A smile came to his face as she took his hand and lead him to the bolder she had been sitting on. “Tell me first where you went, since you have not been in the country my dear Ella-Marie.” 

Her lilting voice started in a whisper, “I was in Italy for dance school this year, and it was amazing. There I met the most wonderful group of friends. For the first time I've found people to accept me as I am. People other than you and my brother I mean.” 
It seemed that she was the embodiment of sweetness and beauty, a girl who never asked for anything of anyone other than for them to be themselves. She in return would give her kindness and a shoulder to cry on.


© 2013 Jazmin-Monae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: Fiction, Series, Jones Academy, Jazmin Monae, New Author, Fae, Faerie, Faeries, Dance, Short story


Author

Jazmin-Monae
Jazmin-Monae

Portland, OR



About
Hello everyone! I'm new to sharing my writing with anyone, and I currently don't have any finished works. So I will probably be posting snippets of my works and hoping for feedback and constructive cr.. more..

Writing
Astray Astray

A Poem by Jazmin-Monae