17. Dreadful Nights

17. Dreadful Nights

A Chapter by Kianna
"

Warning: contains censored violence not intended for children. Can skip if you want, just know a year passed.

"

Once Brooke returned to her cell, she stumbled and fell. Despite her disgust for the floor, she laid there, barely breathing. Her body throbbed and she needed the window more than ever. She could not rise, however. Her muscles flinched as her brain commanded them, disobeying as always. They had not returned her clothes, but humiliation recessed under pain. The edges of the floor did not help at all. They deepened some of the wounds. Her heart continued to  race, thudding, in her chest and she hated the sound, the noise. Brooke closed her eyes and she rested.

By the time she awoke, the window displayed a moonful night. She was glad for this light that poured onto her like milk, replenishing, beautiful. How she loved beautiful things and how they soothed her even in the littlest bit. The relief of cold breezes whirled within the room. Brooke smiled to the cold spring night that had come. She sighed and absorbed the last bit of energy to rise to her aching knees. Brooke crawled towards the window and sat against the wall. She huddled up and hugged her knees. When will this nightmare end? She closed her eyes. When will it end?

          The door opened, and Brooke flinched. The master guardian that escorted her out of her cell stood in the frame. Brooke couldn’t see his face from here. “Your jumpsuit, Miss Keeper.”

Before she could summon the energy to rise, the door shut. Brooke thought he left the jumpsuit on the floor or something. She decided to sit there and get it later when she had enough energy to get up. She relaxed and set her chin above her huddled knees. She heard the sound of walking boots. The shadows of the darkness wrapped around the figure of an elfin man. He towered over her and she sat in his shadow. Her stomach twisted into knots and the blood in her veins rushed in anticipated fear. Her breath quickened, and she backed against the wall as if she wasn’t already against the wall. Her eyes widened.

The master guardian looked down on her, his gray eyes alive with a voluptuous simper on his smug face. He began to unbuckle his belt. Brooke blushed and she scratched a lash wound on her skin. Everything about her flinched, twitched, raced, alive, fearful, scared. She cowered beneath him and she let a tear escape her sockets, biting her bottom lip. She closed her eyes and he grabbed her. She blanked out.

Time wore on, and about every month, Brooke was called in to the chamber. The real fear happened after the torture session. It wasn’t as frequent that the master guardian touched her, though.

Brooke was sure a year had passed. She sat there under the window, barely feeling the start of winter. She felt numb at this point, wishing for rest, wishing for death. It would have been better if the king had wisped her off to execution. At least she wouldn’t have to suffer this much. It was morning when she heard the birds chirp. They made her even more depressed. During the start of winter, birds migrate, and she knew they will leave her, abandon her, and she will be alone. This was probably their last time singing, their last concert. Brooke’s eyes appeared blank, unmoving, and for a moment she pretended she was dead. She felt solace, but sorrow afterwards because she was sadly alive. Happy birthday to her.

 



© 2013 Kianna


Author's Note

Kianna
Dear Reader,

The important detail here is the time frame. That is all. I was unsure if I should delete the censored rape scene or not. It has an affect later in the story, but I understand if it makes people uncomfortable. You can skip this chapter. Just know a year passed.

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely JazzSoulKeke,

God bless

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013
Tags: Kianna Taylor, Kianna, Taylor, God, love, song, fantasy, book, elves, dark, romance, princess, king, queen, kingdom, epic fantasy, urban fantasy, epic, urban, young adult, occult, magic, depression


Author

Kianna
Kianna

Houston, TX



About
Hello. Hmm, about me. I am a pre-nursing student hoping to become a psychiatric nurse and work with mental health patients all day. Eventually, I want to establish my own clinic. Besides writing fanta.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Kianna