Savage Salvation

Savage Salvation

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

This is a four writer collaboration of Bubo, Natalie C, Gray H and myself Robert Luna. This is a product of all of our creative and collective minds. We hope you enjoy.

"

A hopeless face in a faceless crowd
Struggling to shake dust of a dictator’s lust
Salvation spins as new powers grasp
Bony hands shoved deep down into empty pockets
Eyes peer to crimson stained ground and war torn lands
Absorbed by the hurt of his grief stricken world
Thunder clouds gather of loss mixed with anger
Rain descends from unlistening heavens above

An unquenched thirst of hope still remains
Whilst destiny’s kingdom harvests yet another tear
Broken buildings house cracked mirror love
'I'm nothing if I don't bind the blood'
Nearly broken willed fist aimed at a flag, raised high
No-one can take away the pride of a nation still alive
Yet despair hangs like dead branches on a politicians tree
Buds of hope long ago lost amid treachery

Hungrily questing for understanding and peace
Whilst salvaging another empty plate, hoping it’s not too late
Knives come out, twisting, no longer cutting into food
but softness of young flesh sliced, diced and left to dry,
Jackals gather for a feast, gnawing on meatless bones
Scattered underneath a forsaken throne
Lives of the masses become desolate and alone
Waiting forever for new seeds to be sown

© 2008 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
This is a four writer collaboration of Bubo, Natalie C, Gray H and myself Robert Luna. This is a product of all of our creative and collective minds. We hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was awesome! Did you JUST post the three poems that I probably want most in my anthology? What a pain! I have to go through and recite all the poetry and see if it gets reposted and where. What a nightmare!

At least, there will be some good reading, and this poem helped greatly to inspire me to do the work again. I knew what I was doing all along. I was promoting great work like this!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Seems i missed this .. love it .. says it all.. the masses are waiting for new seeds to be sown .. i know i am ..you guys wrote this so very well!
Great poem..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mmm-hmm, this poem is fantastic and the four of you are awesome writers. Wonderful job to all of you!!!

Heather

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This made me think of 1984 and then of Soviet Russia and East Germany, Hungary, and then various bits of Africa...and then Blade Runner...and then the recent stories about how we British are now among if not the most spied on people on earth, which makes me totally sick. Sadly the poem is probably how it is for millions now. But I keep thinking of Soviet Russia and how horrible it must have been then when you could end up in a gulag for nothing. But then our very own political correctness has some sinister features to it. I started off reading it as a joint effort but ended up forgetting about that as it reads seamlessly. When I went back to see if I could work out who did what my only hunch is that line 4 sounds like Bubo, as does line 4 of the final verse. Fascinating stuff and powerful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

For some reason I can't get the link in the new piece since the downfall of all our work!
Not sure why??

I agree with Gary.............I have read and read and can't piece what I wrote at all, it all blends
very well...............very proud to have worked with such fab writers and you, rock star!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

liked the rhyme scheme a lot, the random and unique rhymes. i also liked the historical feel of it. :) very nice

"Nearly broken willed fist aimed at a flag, raised high
No-one can take away the pride of a nation still alive"

my favorite part :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I've reviewed this since we all wrote our parts some time ago now and reading through I find I am unable to piece who wrote which part and how we fitted everything together. To me this is almost like reading a new work and for that reason I have to say all the writers were very eloquent and able to express themselves never once showing any discontent in the direction the poem was taking. The title incidentally came last so we were not working with any template for an idea - I have to admit I lost the first title.....

Thanks everyone for the teamwork. Was wonderful to be part of such an innovative exercise.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was awesome! Did you JUST post the three poems that I probably want most in my anthology? What a pain! I have to go through and recite all the poetry and see if it gets reposted and where. What a nightmare!

At least, there will be some good reading, and this poem helped greatly to inspire me to do the work again. I knew what I was doing all along. I was promoting great work like this!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a powerful work. It honestly does not read like a collaberation. Well done...

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

717 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..