The Nobody

The Nobody

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

Rambling thoughts forming a poem. I hope you enjoy

"
I am nobody
dreaming of being a somebody
but that sobriety comes at a price
that nobody is willing to pay
just putting holes in your happiness
and tasting the dirt
kicked in my face
while I am down
but don't ever count me out
I've been there too many times before

I am nobody
dreaming of being a somebody
There's just something cold and empty
behind their liar's smiles
passing judgments
hold knives ready for the final
kill
I am nobody
thinking of being a somebody
you are
from a perfect world
a world that cast me away
my heart left bleeding
like a tear stained photograph

I am numb
to my life
to all your cries
I am just
begging to be somebody else
walking in a crowd of dead faced
hypocrites
feeling dirty
oh how
I want to be pretty
just for a moment or two
but there's nothing in this world
that can save us from ourselves

I am somebody
dreaming of being nobody else
but me


Photobucket

© 2009 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
Rambling thoughts forming a poem. I hope you enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great work. The strange thing is how we as individuals can ever become anything other than nobodies dreaming of becoming somebodies. I think we can only do this with love in our lives. This gives a totally new dimension to existence, a reason to live. But I'm missing the point here. What I'm meaning to say is self belief can make you into the final stanza you suggest - just my thoughts are that self belief needs help sometimes from others. I seem to be rambling more than you say you do in your thoughts forming the poem - if that makes sense?
There's so much here that I have thought of myself at times. I can really relate to this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I also relate to this feeling of being maligned. With so much negativity everywhere, the challenge is not to succom (I forgot my dictionary today).
Light, can be threatening, in many cases. Merely knowing that, is helpful to my understanding things better.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I did enjoy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you need an "a" in the third line before "price" Robert. But I am featuring you and this piece in our group the next two days. I am giving every member a chance to feature so I will be searching the writings daily finding wheat for my bread. lol I plan to maintain the highest of standards on all group features and will be reading each one before it is posted, you are somebody, a good writer, a great human being and my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This like many of your pieces, great for it's intensity and twist. I enjoy it so very much.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such an incredible poet, never failing to bring chills down my spine

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Those rambling thoughts, those absent minded strums of the strings, those instant ideas.
So often not noted and thus lost forever.
This one was saved. And I am glad to have read it.
The authors work here holds much more than the words used.
For me, one thought was,
I am remembering to be thankful for the things I often take for granted...........
My favorite line:
But don't ever count me out.....I've been there too many times before.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a very good poem, because (as i'm sure you;ve heard before) this peom is immensely relatable. everyone can relate to this because we are all in this world together trying to make something of ourselves and assign a purpose to our lives.
i liked that "kill" was in its own line because it's a relaly strong word that can stand on its own, not to be clouded by other words masking the intensity.
this poem reminded me a lot of "The Pedestrian" by Bradbury.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am nobody
dreaming of being a somebody
but that sobriety comes at price
that nobody is willing to pay
just putting holes in your happiness
and tasting the dirt
kicked in my face
while I am down
but don't ever count me out
I've been there too many times before


THESE MAY BE RAMBLING THOUGHTS, but you have read my mind. I am speechless at how this has so succinctlly hit home for me. OMG!!! Yes, 100 daisies indeed for you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really like the way your poetry always tells a story or gets a deep and profound thought out there. Heck some even educate the world while at the same time convicting the perpetrator for their wrong doings. From your work it is obvious that you are a caring individual that desires to make a difference one reader at a time. This particular piece deals with scars life can leave and how one's self esteem can become corroded. It also tells of a person that hasn't yet given up hope. One that knows where he has been and where he is going. He knows he is a survivor. Excellent...you make me think.

I am somebody
dreaming of being nobody else
but me

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Go take all the masks, because they all wear more than one I'm sure, off of peoples faces around you, and you'd be shocked to the core for what you'd find beneath - shapeless - strengthless - fearful - ugly - cold ... faces!!! And then I'm pretty sure you'd be VERY proud to be who you are ...

I feel so honored to be allowed to give my two cents worth to one of the most brilliant writers here on the cafe!

This piece again shows of your enormous potential, wisdom and experience. These lines reach an undifinable depth, and the repeating makes it the more powerful.

It proves of Greatness of Mind!





Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1772 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on January 16, 2009

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain