Death, Dealers and Disco

Death, Dealers and Disco

A Story by Jeff Jupiter
"

A story filled with fantasy, magic, and wonderfully weird nonsense.

"

I knows of plants that can turn your skin soft as mud and make you want to bed the closest thing to you. I know of certain minerals that fall from the very sky above that can grant the user tremendous strength (unfortunately it only last a week and then you are crippled by the weight f you mass and die ) but still amazing strength . I  has learned many things in his travels, but one thing he has yet to understand is magic. There are some elements of alchemy and base science that magic follows, yet there is something that is undefinable.  Magic, has been a painful  part of my life and pleasant one for far too many others.

When I was young I was bitten in a dream and awoke to find my leg was wrapped in black and ruby red vines. The pain was somehow cold and hot at the same time. I scream for help, to escape that  pain that seem worse than death. I was rushed to a healer who did not speak but her hands seemed to sing the pain away. Her White magic healed me to the best of her ability but I still lost everything from the knee down in the process. No one knows how the vines found themselves wrapped around my leg or why. I did not care, all i cared about was the part of me i had lost, no not lost. The part of me that was stolen, chopped off me making half of nothing  

Before whatever evil thing took my leg. I use to love to run in the forest. I would to sneak off at night and capture the fireflies in jars, as many as I possibly could. Once I felt I had enough I would climb the tallest tree I could and release them. I wanted them to become the stars above, that guide men and women home after long journeys . I would like to look at the night sky and believe that some of those stars were there because of me and I was helping other find their homes. After what happened I lost that naive hope and optimism.I felt like nothing more than a lame horse that needed to be put down. Weak and more of a burden than anything else. I saw the way people looked at me. Like they did not even see me, just sad child that served as a reminded of life’s cruelty. “Little little one you should be more careful or you’ll end up like poor Zuko.” Parents would say in hushed voices .I was alone and always singled out. I prayed for death, but my prayers would not answered.

My mother went out into the forest and chopped down the tree I loved to climb. Took her days but she managed to do it, with the wood she made me clutches, had plenty of wood for fire during the cold of winter.  A sweet gesture when I look back. Although at the time,  it was the final nail in the coffin of suffocating depression. Each day when i wanted to move anywhere i had to touch the dead tree that once gave me such joy. A sense of being with nature and being free, rooted into something greater than myself.The  once proud tree , strong and tall now chopped to nothing. I would stare into the fire and hear the crackling whimpers of the wood disintegrated into ash giving into the heat. I know that pain.

One year passes and the pain does not go away. Psychology or physically. I still feel the ghost of my leg screaming out me. Due to what I have become my mother works day and night. I am not sure if it is because we need the money or if she can not bare to see me anymore. I suppose it does not matter. To get rid of the pain I went to the local herbalist that gave me tea and ointment to dull the pain. One day while limping along to the herbalist I saw the Red Falcons, they are a group of often ruthless killers that work for the government to keep everyone in line. They all have red feather on their helms from the falcon that they must kill in order to join. A barbaric and idiotic  tradition done to bless the wearer the speed and grace of the falcon they kill. Heh they don't need the blessing of Falcons when they are protected our the government . Three of the Falcons set their eye on a small shop and burst through the door. I followed, one of the only benefits of this deformity is that most people do not see you. I am able to go where I please, why bother a pathetic kid right?  The tallest of the three, a fire haired man with muscles of steel and eyes of the devil set their sight on a small women behind the counter. She is beautiful, thin brown curly hair with graying tips. Wearing a corset barely tied together and flirtatious eyes. She is a w***e, she is my mother and this is the last day I will see her alive.

© 2016 Jeff Jupiter


Author's Note

Jeff Jupiter
Please let me know what you think, what do you like about the story what do you hate about it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on November 28, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016
Tags: magic, fantasy, drugs, weird, love, loss

Author

Jeff Jupiter
Jeff Jupiter

PA



About
I am a college student that wants to become a better writer. I would love to get feedback from anyone will to give it. My goal is to write unique, cool, and weird stories. more..

Writing