Blossom

Blossom

A Chapter by The Autumn Faerie
"

�Jamie?� She asked suddenly, almost dreamy. �Yes, Lynne?� I inquired, urging her to continue. She could be so peculiar at times. �Do you believe in forever?�

"

 
“So,”  she said,  “What do you want to do now?” 


To be honest, I had no idea as to what I’d planned to do.  I’d never before fallen in love, let alone had the pleasantry of “losing”  my virginity.  If one could call it a loss, that is.  Perhaps it was only my warped perception of life, but honestly, the act of “losing”  one’s virginity is not a loss. Personally, I like to think of it as a bestowal sort of thing. 


“How about…”  I proposed, “We just relax here together.  It’s nice.  Don’t you think?”


“I guess,”  she mused.  I wasn’t quite sure what she had in mind, but it could not have been more sex.  One can only handle so much sex.  At least, I think so; however long it lasted, it was a bit long for my taste for my first time, but again, perhaps that’s just me…  “Jamie?”  She asked suddenly, almost dreamy.


“Yes, Lynne?”  I inquired, urging her to continue.  She could be so peculiar at times.


“Do you believe in forever?”  Her voice was meek, as though she were uncertain as to whether or not it was appropriate to ask such a question.


“Certainly, though I do not know with whom I will spend it,”  I had to be honest; it was both my gift, and my curse, to be honest. 


“Do you think that, maybe, you could spend forever with me?”  Her voice was soft again, as though she were far away in another place.


This startled me a little.  I had not expected such a question.  Did this girl, this beautiful, darling girl, truly wish to be with someone like me?  It was unfathomable!  It was impossible!  This type of thing simply did not, and could not, happen!  I was a geek; I excelled in every academic aspect imaginable.  Well, not entirely, but when it came to associating with my peers, I was an outcast, and I was doomed to remain so. 


It took me a moment to answer, but I was sure to keep my expression thoughtful so as not to startle her.  Asking to share one’s life with another is never a simple subject;  I should know.  It took a minimum of two years of friendship and hours of daydreaming about her before I summoned the courage to ask her out.  And now, almost six months later, my efforts and tribulations of humiliation have paid off greatly; I’ve found the girl I love, and now she wants to spend forever with me.  I must admit, I was certainly getting the better end of this bargain.  I took another long look and admired the golden tresses of her hair and the cerulean of her eyes and I knew I had found my heaven. 


Slowly, I responded, “Yes, I do believe I could spend it with you.  There’s nothing more on this earth I could possibly be so greedy as to desire; you’re far more lovely than I had ever dreamed,”  and with that, I kissed her gently on the cheek, and watched her suppress a small giggle.  She was as giddy as I felt; it could have just been the sex, but it was futile to ruin such a blissful moment with the evils of pessimism. 


Running her fingers through my ebony hair and looking into my olive eyes, she mused, “I’m so happy,” and with that, she sighed, and leaned into my chest; her serene appearance made my heart weep for joy, though no soul, living or dead, would ever know.


I glanced around the room.  It was obvious by the darkening sky that it was growing late.  Her parents would be home soon, and mine would be wondering which alley housed my corpse. 


“It’s growing late,” I said to her, twirling another lock of hair with my finger; it was perfectly smooth, even now.


“I know,” she replied softly, “But I cannot bring myself to part from you.  It’s miserable and I hate it!”


“I know, love,” I soothed, “But it must be done.  You know your parents would fry me, and mine are probably convinced I’ve been held up and murdered.  I’ll see you tomorrow; you know that.” 


She gave me that look again, the one that makes my heart stop beating, and I have to remind myself to breathe.  Would she ever comprehend the ways in which she held me in the palm of her delicate hands?  No, she would not.  Of this, I was certain.


Finally, she complied with the inevitable and rose.  I watched her naked body through the growing darkness; still, her curves were overwhelming.  I watched her with a daze that I fear was ingrained into my genetic code.  It was unfair, but I could not resist the urge to gawk, and so I gave into the temptation, not caring if she noticed.  She was statuesque, and beautiful, and I would praise her until I existed no more, and that was the unparalleled truth. 


Even as she dressed, I could not pull my eyes away; it never made a difference what she wore, as she was always beautiful, clothed or not.  Even in her sweat clothes, did she look astonishing!


As she pulled her panties over her slender hips, I felt my cheeks redden.  Seeing this, she glowed with confidence.  Never, would I understand how she could always be so certain while I fretted in the corner, worrying over inadequacies I could not control. 


“I’m dressed now,” she laughed, “ You can close your jaw.”  Realizing minutes had passed without notice, I closed my mouth, embarrassed.  She continued to laugh as my cheeks continued to redden.  Was this always a game to her?  “Come now, get dressed!” She teased; it simply was not fair!


“Fine,” I mumbled, as I searched for my scattered clothes; still, from the corner of my eye in my peripheral vision, I could not stop watching her; especially, the way her hips swung gracefully as she came toward me. 


“Aw, I’m sorry,” she teased again, kissing my cheek.  Still, I could not help but redden; my cheeks burned, and she noticed this.  “You think too highly of me.  I am only human, you silly boy!”  She was always one to play; teasing was her greatest past time.


“I do not!” I protested, but it was futile.  She had already won.  She always won.


Tracing the muscles of my stomach with her index finger, she sighed again thoughtfully, and wrapped her slender arms around me.  The hold was unusually strong.  Suddenly, without warning, she tackled me back onto the bed, where we laughed and squirmed like children, blissfully in a meadow. 



© 2008 The Autumn Faerie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like the rush the intoxicant provides, we revel in satisfying the all-to addicting desires of our basal nature. Oblivious to the consequences we speed head first to the inevitable end, ignoring the cries of the abolitionist who would save us. Deeper into darkness until the only feeling left is the burning of our flesh.
And there lost, perhaps we'll cry and find resurrection of the spirit and leave the rest behind.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


Your writing style is so sweet and descriptive.
Its a pleasure reading and is such a romantic chapter.
you give this the bashfulness and the innocence of the the teens in it.
The feeling of the piece is amazing.
deep,beautiful and throughtly enjoyable.
great

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a blissfully romantic tale from a point of view I can certainly recognize. this is well written and very imaginative with the pov...a great story and I am sure many more will come of it...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great start, amazing opening sentence, nice use of detail and verbs. This was an amazing piece of writing. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Great first chapter, I now await for chapter 2 with bated breath, I loved the first and I am intrigued by Jamie, I like his character very much. It is a very well balanced story, great mixture of emotions too. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Like the rush the intoxicant provides, we revel in satisfying the all-to addicting desires of our basal nature. Oblivious to the consequences we speed head first to the inevitable end, ignoring the cries of the abolitionist who would save us. Deeper into darkness until the only feeling left is the burning of our flesh.
And there lost, perhaps we'll cry and find resurrection of the spirit and leave the rest behind.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

"She gave me that look again, the one that makes my heart stop beating, and I have to remind myself to breathe.
THIS IES GREAT! Wow. it really just made me feel like a fly on the wall. *minus the stalker-ish sense. haha* great write. This is so good! it can be continued or on it's own. fantastic!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I really, really like this. It makes me think of experiences I've had. More more!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2008
Last Updated on August 16, 2008


Author

The Autumn Faerie
The Autumn Faerie

Withering in, OH



About
Just a lover of words-- A poet of sorts... A soul, who knows what it's like-- To lose. I'll be nineteen soon, and I've been doing recreational writing for about eight years now, though I was discoura.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..