THE VOICE

THE VOICE

A Story by JemimaVaz

The voice inside her head wouldn’t stop. Slamming against her temples, it shouted, “You’re not important. Nobody cares if you live or die”. Shouting in pain, she fights the urge to slam her pounding head against the granite walls. In her mind, that’s the only release she sees. Her brain, unspooling on the wall, maybe that would make the voice that was piercing her insides go away?

Sitting on the bathroom floor crying, she slams her fists against the white marble, now red from the smears of blood on her knuckles.

“Leave me alone. Please, I’m begging you”, she sobs.

“You want me to go away? Then you know what you need to do”, snickers the eerie voice.

Suddenly, a moment of clarity hits her. Standing up, she pushes her hair back and looks straight into the mirror. With tears and smudged eyeliner streaming down her face, she takes a blade in her hand. Slowly, she makes long vertical cuts on both her wrists, and drops of scarlet begin to fall around, like rose petals on fresh snow. Laughing, she screams, “You can’t hurt me anymore”.

She falls to the floor, and as the voice in her head finally begins to fade, so does she.

© 2018 JemimaVaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on January 3, 2018
Last Updated on January 3, 2018

Author

JemimaVaz
JemimaVaz

Bengaluru, India



Writing