Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Stripped Away

Stripped Away

A Poem by Jenna

Found out today,
Someone I hold dear,
Her innocence stripped away,
Taken away
What was rightfully hers.
She got married,
The white no longer for purity,
Because he had stripped it away.
Her purity,
Her honesty.
Her innocence stripped away.

© 2010 Jenna


Author's Note

Jenna
I wrote this after my cousin told me she was raped. Finding out she had it stripped away from her was difficult for me to accept, especially since she just got married this month. Only her husband and I know, though it happened about 2 years ago. Thankfully, her husband understands.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is very well written...and very sad. its hard to believe that someone would do that to someoneD: but i love how it is short but tells a story.im so sorry to her about it D:this is very good!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this is really... fascinating. I'm sorry for your cousin. And it's a sad moment when someone so innocent and loving is raped. I just cannot bare that feeling yet I know someone who was raped, herself. Poor kid. This is a poem that many can relate to. Sadly that is. It's actually brave of you to tell the world this. Thank-you for sharing.
J

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how this poem speaks and how honest it is, really puts things in perspective.
I like "Her purity Her Honesty" the best because they are short words that describe a lot in the context. Nice write.
Its sad about your cousin but I'm glad she now has a husband to lift her back up and understands her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Is this really what our world has come to, is it really filled with people who enjoy causing us pain, who relish in our discomfort, who like us only for the disgusting desires we fill? Yes, yes there are people lile that. They deserve to pay for their sins.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh wow that's terrible. I myself was molested and my friend was raped at a party. Cruel world we live in, no? This piece is a good representation of the loss that occurs. Its rhythm is strong and brings out an equally strong emotional response. I'm glad she has support from you and her husband during this difficult time. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel bad for your cousin because I can relate to this...I got raped when I was younger....I don't like talking about it because it was just something that hurt. I still find it hard, but with the people I trust I normally will tell them. Like after knowing this one kid for a few weeks I told him that and he was upset....he still remembered in January surprisingly...he has a bad memory. Tell your cousin that I am very sorry that it happened to her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was such an emotional and sad poem. I'm sorry for what happened to your cousin, it sure was horrible. Besides that, great writing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good because it is to the point. Just like rape. It is simply barbaric...and this poem is a demonstration of that!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

& with death, comes the rebirth. No thing truly ends. Short and to the point. I like.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a beautiful write. Im sorry to hear of your cousin but this is amazing. I hope people realize that being raped doesn't mean you aren't the same person who you were before...it just makes you stronger than you thought you could be.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1179 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2010
Last Updated on May 22, 2010

Author

Jenna
Jenna

AR



About
I'm a writer, I'm a painter, I'm an artist. :) I love the arts (even music, though I can't actually make beautiful songs). Painting and writing keeps me sane in this crazy world! more..

Writing
Thoughts Thoughts

A Poem by Jenna


The Bombing The Bombing

A Poem by Jenna


In Shadows In Shadows

A Poem by Jenna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by A.Lee


Chalice Chalice

A Poem by A.Lee


Puzzle Of Us Puzzle Of Us

A Poem by A.Lee