Good Night

Good Night

A Poem by Jennifer Ahlstrom
"

It's about a friend I had

"



                        

       Good Night


            Being with you was so much fun. Running around that little town playing games with everyone. Blowing s**t up and just doing random things being dumb. Staying up all night getting high and drinking rum. Waking up every morning and running strait to you, anxious to know every day what we would do. You were always working and doing something for family and friends. I liked being around you, and didn’t want those days to end


Driving around blasting our favorite songs and just talking all day long. Making random trips to Salt Lake, with no plan and not much money to take. We would stay up all night planning out our life. We kept saying we’ll build a house, acting like we really knew how. You taught me to keep it simple and live in the now. You proved that we don’t need money or objects to have a good time. We shared many memories that never costs us a dime. You were always there for me and showed me what a good man could be.


I moved away one day, still don’t know why. Always in a hurry forgot to stop and say bye. Went about my life, but thinking of you from time to time only assuming that you’re doing fine. I went back a couple times, but you grew up and moved on. I couldn’t believe all the memories were gone.


In January you left me for good, so crazy and sudden no one quit understood. So mad at god and asking him why. You were so young this couldn’t happen; someone like you couldn’t die. Not knowing what to do kept crying, yelling and drinking every day. “This can’t be happening it should have been someone else,” I would say. I texted and called a couple times; knowing you wouldn’t respond, but I still didn’t want to believe that you were really gone.  


Waking up every morning with you on my mind, just going through the motions, still lost in that time. Thinking of you wishing it was all just a dream, realizing its not, and facing reality. Wanting to hug or just see you again. Wanting to go back and be with you wishing those days never came to an end.


 I lost others in my life, why are you so different? We haven’t talked in a while; don’t know why I kept you distant. That’s how it always seems to be with me, hopefully one day I would see. I sometimes play the music we would always listen to. Don’t know why, but I can’t seem to get over you. I know eventually we’ll be together and it will be alright. I’ll see you when I sleep and dream night.

                   






© 2016 Jennifer Ahlstrom


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 4, 2016
Last Updated on October 4, 2016

Author

Jennifer Ahlstrom
Jennifer Ahlstrom

Salem , OR



Writing
Me Me

A Poem by Jennifer Ahlstrom