Let Me Slide

Let Me Slide

A Poem by Jenny Davis
"

Lyrics kinda...for the New Year...

"

Tunnel-1.jpg picture by jennysjunk

 

Let me slide, Lord

 

I won't wear black
to mourn the death
of laughing mouths

 

I won't spit out the rain
to curse the salty taste
of yesterday's thoughts

 

If you'll just let me slide

 

I'll stop thinking in blue
the color of sidewalks
no longer walked over

 

I'll stop showering
in crystal tears of steam
that once fogged the walls

 

Oh, if you'll just let me slide

© 2008 Jenny Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well done. I get the image of asking on bended knee for a day not marked on the judgement books, just to live without worry of judgement or having to follow any strict rules. Or maybe asking for one thing in the past to be makred out, forgotten. Easy read, and I am not sure I got your meaning, but this spoke volumes in few words!

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really must buy your book when I get some money. LOL You have such a wonderful style about you. I have felt this way so often but never expressed it so beautifully. Truly lovely work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like so many others I see, this poem relates to our reality... "Just let me slide". Nice Read!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Simple, lovely and heartfelt. Don't think it can be improved on.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

well, now. I agree that this leaves room for one to interpret different meanings (which is a GOOD thing) and I had to smile b/c I often ask God to "let me slide" for a thought I shouldn't have, impatience with my children, meanness towards my hubby...we ALL do. You have insight as to what others can relate to and do a fine job at putting it into words. Yes, this IS an easy read, but has depth and meaning. And, no, I am NOT just stroking your ego! LOL! Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WOW....there is a bit of desperation in the plea here....and a lot of spirituality with which many can identify. Great lyrics! Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a great wish to bring in a new year. I like the images that the colors and promises in trade for just a bit of peace caused me to conjure in my brain. That we get a New Year to take an opportunity to look back and then to look forward is a gift we should give to ourselves first. Thank the Lord for every day and for every lesson and experience we get.

This is a good thought for the new year - thanks

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh Jenny...you created such a honest moment, it was meant with your pure heart! and I can see it. it is about forgiveness all the difficult times and moving forward with grace and thankfulness. This is a spiritual poem. We will hold the moment of sliding to the new year and not say a word...then we realize the enormity of all hurdles we got through.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well done I'm not sure what you want to slide on but it sounds like you should forgive yourself and you might find He has already forgiven you.
Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This was wonderful and perfect for the New Year, we all want to forget our mistakes and start anew on the first. Great write. T

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

this brings to mind a movie I saw once...Defending Your Life...where they go through your days...and they are all kept there for judging....I think we all hit this place sometimes...where we make deals with God ...if You ...then I will....lol. I'm sure God knows what a great person you are...and will cut you some slack.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

Jenny Davis
Jenny Davis

NY



About
Next Vent Radio poetry show: Sept. 12th, 9PM EST! Be there or be sorry you weren't...haha ;) Join Group Vent Radio Home Page Check out the show: Latest works that I have read and loved: IMM.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..